Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Glock 23 and Tuffy underseat storage

Old 05-06-2015, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glock 23 and Tuffy underseat storage

I have a new Glock 23 and the Tuffy underseat storage (driver's side). Is there a holster that will work with the 23 and fit into that storage area? How do you guys carry your hand guns in this small box? And yes, I'd like to carry it on my waist, but I'm in Cali.
Old 05-06-2015, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mountainbikeguy
I have a new Glock 23 and the Tuffy underseat storage (driver's side). Is there a holster that will work with the 23 and fit into that storage area? How do you guys carry your hand guns in this small box? And yes, I'd like to carry it on my waist, but I'm in Cali.
I have the same underseat box, if I'm carrying the 19 i'll usually use an x klip from liion defense, an incog without the mag caddy attached from g-code with one clip.

Love the x-klip and the incog, carry with one or the other every single day, whether it's a g19, an XD, a nano, or an sr9. Even my 5in XD45 fits barely in the underseat lock box
Old 05-06-2015, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

I have a pretty thin uncle mikes that I carry my 36 IWB. If I go somewhere I can't carry, I toss it in my box and it fits fine. I'm assuming you want something that secures it in the holster. I can almost guarantee a kydex or a crossbreed type won't fit. Crossbreed MIGHT but I wouldn't want to keep it in there with the heat for fear the sun may warp the leather.

Look at uncle mikes. I've carried in that for maybe 10 years and it's never jumped out. But I don't go sprinting or anything when I carry.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
I have a pretty thin uncle mikes that I carry my 36 IWB. If I go somewhere I can't carry, I toss it in my box and it fits fine. I'm assuming you want something that secures it in the holster. I can almost guarantee a kydex or a crossbreed type won't fit. Crossbreed MIGHT but I wouldn't want to keep it in there with the heat for fear the sun may warp the leather. Look at uncle mikes. I've carried in that for maybe 10 years and it's never jumped out. But I don't go sprinting or anything when I carry.
This is true, hybrid holsters are not going to work in the box.

Luckily I don't own any, only kydex and I prefer minimal kydex at that. Retention is better and much more comfortable. G- code puts this nice fuzz on the outside its perfect. No bulk of the hybrid style and still low profile for all day carry.

Living in CA I feel for you, have family there and refuse to live there. Shouldn't even need a carry permit just my opinion
Old 05-06-2015, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sa29560
This is true, hybrid holsters are not going to work in the box. Luckily I don't own any, only kydex and I prefer minimal kydex at that. Retention is better and much more comfortable. G- code puts this nice fuzz on the outside its perfect. No bulk of the hybrid style and still low profile for all day carry. Living in CA I feel for you, have family there and refuse to live there. Shouldn't even need a carry permit just my opinion
I know, but I can't move due to work. I spend a good deal of time in AZ so I know how screwed up things are in CA.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
I have a pretty thin uncle mikes that I carry my 36 IWB. If I go somewhere I can't carry, I toss it in my box and it fits fine. I'm assuming you want something that secures it in the holster. I can almost guarantee a kydex or a crossbreed type won't fit. Crossbreed MIGHT but I wouldn't want to keep it in there with the heat for fear the sun may warp the leather. Look at uncle mikes. I've carried in that for maybe 10 years and it's never jumped out. But I don't go sprinting or anything when I carry.
Yes, definitely looking for something that secures in a holster.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sa29560
I have the same underseat box, if I'm carrying the 19 i'll usually use an x klip from liion defense, an incog without the mag caddy attached from g-code with one clip. Love the x-klip and the incog, carry with one or the other every single day, whether it's a g19, an XD, a nano, or an sr9. Even my 5in XD45 fits barely in the underseat lock box
The x clip is interesting. Is it good for more than just a stash in the glove box holster?
Old 05-07-2015, 02:59 AM
JK Junkie

The x clip is interesting. Is it good for more than just a stash in the glove box holster?
It definitely is. If you will be running around with a lot of physical activity not so much, I will always rock the incog there. On the weekend, but just running errands in and out the jeep and sitting around or walking it works perfectly. The retention is still very stiff almost have to roll the pistol out on the draw. It has worn a spot down in the duracoat on my XD because of how stiff it locks on the trigger guard.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I stuff my holster (blackhawk I think?) in the pocket behind the seat.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

I carry a Glock 22c/Blackhawk holster under my seat with a magazine carrier with no problems.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2369496371.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	609767  

Quick Reply: Glock 23 and Tuffy underseat storage