Notices
Outdoor Sports General discussion forum for those of you interested in outdoor sports such as mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing, water skiing, ATV's etc.

Who here scuba dives?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who here scuba dives?

I've been wanting to get my diving license for years after my first time diving in Hawaii. So, I finally decided to just go for it before I go to basic in October. I just bought some fins and my next check i'm buying boots, mask and a good snorkel. After that, i'm going to start taking the classes and slowly buying everything else.

So, who here dives?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hung it up probably 5 years ago. At that point, I was diving every weekend (sometimes twice per weekend), many dives over 150'. I just walked away from it for personal reasons and started whitewater kayaking. Traded one high risk for another one...

I still miss it to this day.

Buy the best gear you can afford. Otherwise, you'll just be replacing it shortly.

Have fun.
Jeff
Old 07-30-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Thats my plan. I hope.

I'm planning on getting the SeaQuest Balance BC, and the AquaLung Titan regulator, and im still deciding on the computer.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I started diving when I was in Okinawa back in 2001, loved it. I got certified up to Rescue Diver on the PADI side. Purchased all my gear back then, thank goodness because it saved me a ton of money.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I dive. I have been certified for 14 years and I am only 26 now. I am on a search and recsue team. Feel free to ask any questions.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah got my PADI back in 2003 then when diving in the Red Sea, amazing.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got certified back in 1998 in Key Largo and have planned every vacation since around 2 or 3 days of diving. The Keys, the Caymans, Barbados and St. Lucia are just a few of my dive spots.

Hopefully in the next few years the wife and I will finally dive the Great Barrier Reef.....
Old 07-31-2009, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by EmbarkChief
I started diving when I was in Okinawa back in 2001, loved it. I got certified up to Rescue Diver on the PADI side. Purchased all my gear back then, thank goodness because it saved me a ton of money.
I too got my cert. while stationed on Okinawa. I only went as far as Advanced Open Water before being transferred to Omaha, NE. Wasn't much diving there. I got spoiled diving the South China Sea. Amazing visibility and sea life!! I haven't been diving in years and have sold all my stuff but will say I miss it!
You'll love it if you have a decent place to go. Around here there are a few lakes but the visibility is nil. A couple of quarry's but there really ain't nothing to see. Anyway, good luck and remember the buddy rule!
Old 07-31-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Freak

PADI certified but only 8 dives.

I miss it badly and want to do it more.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't...

But the funny part today, is that my dad offered to buy me lessons!
I told him I was looking at a waterproof camera, and he asked me if I wanted to learn. Only thing is, I am claustrophobic on land and super bad in the air...

Quick Reply: Who here scuba dives?