Notices
Aloha State If you live in the Hawaiian Islands and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Bringing my jeep to MAUI and was Looking for Advice on whats legal ?

Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bringing my jeep to MAUI and was Looking for Advice on whats legal ?

I'm living in Las Vegas and l've been moved for work to maui. However I don't want to put my rock crawler jeep in storage I want to Ship it with me. It's a big rock crawler and my question is what kind of specks does my jeep have to meet in order to drive it on the road ? It's legal in Nevada and California . Tire size ? Heights ? Fenders?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2012, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MrSouthernJeepN
I'm living in Las Vegas and l've been moved for work to maui. However I don't want to put my rock crawler jeep in storage I want to Ship it with me. It's a big rock crawler and my question is what kind of specks does my jeep have to meet in order to drive it on the road ? It's legal in Nevada and California . Tire size ? Heights ? Fenders?

Thanks
Just replied to your PM....Aloha and welcome to the Islands!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Howzit, sent you a pm as well with some websites with the info you're looking for.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:51 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys for the advice. I've added some extra coverage on my fenders, only about 1 1/2 to 2 inch exposed now ( her shoes r 37x13.5) . I've lowered my bottom point of the front bumper to 23 inches , added mud flaps and a back up light .
Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Hey welcome to Maui, me and my JK are over on the west side, good to see another JK without it being a rental car haha

Quick Reply: Bringing my jeep to MAUI and was Looking for Advice on whats legal ?