Notices
Announcements Important announcements regarding changes, additions or general information regarding JK-Forum can be found here.

JK-Forum Logo Contest: We have a winner!

Old 03-24-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got results, then you searched and didn't type an address. In the address bar, type "jk" and then "forum.com" without putting a space between the words (i.e. type the URL, not a search term). Feel free to type "www." in front of it because it won't matter.

The page you're going to go to isn't this one. And that URL what the new logo implies -- and it'd be wrong.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yes typing jkforum and not jk-forum in your browser does lead you to another forum. We are hoping to get this resolved to avoid misdirection for members.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

the black one looks good!
I hope the staff can ship out the decals also in europe..
Old 03-25-2013, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like, excellent job!!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Looks good! That was one of my choices...
Old 03-27-2013, 10:22 AM
JK Jedi

Thank you TeRaFLeX!

Click image for larger version

Name:	prize1.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	439180
Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by k0260
yes typing jkforum and not jk-forum in your browser does lead you to another forum. We are hoping to get this resolved to avoid misdirection for members.
You might want to lose the jeep climbing as well. The logo needs work for sure but the direction it's going is good.

To cut the decals with that much detail will be impossible for a 5x5 decal. Keep it simple. Take off the little jeep and the mountain detail. Keep the mountain silhouette. Leave the jk. Under it write jk-forum.com.

And for those who don't like my opinion; fine. I'm a graphic artist and I'm just giving my thought based on opinion. Try embroidering this on a hat and you'll see what I mean. Hope this helps. Again, just my opinion. Direction is great though.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Commando-8

You might want to lose the jeep climbing as well. The logo needs work for sure but the direction it's going is good.

To cut the decals with that much detail will be impossible for a 5x5 decal. Keep it simple. Take off the little jeep and the mountain detail. Keep the mountain silhouette. Leave the jk. Under it write jk-forum.com.

And for those who don't like my opinion; fine. I'm a graphic artist and I'm just giving my thought based on opinion. Try embroidering this on a hat and you'll see what I mean. Hope this helps. Again, just my opinion. Direction is great though.
As far as I know, there's no more "work" being done to this. Sorry. If you remove the jeep crawling and the mountain and stuff, then might as well start over with a whole new logo design and not just the JK letters in some font.
Also, I'm not positive the URL will be added to the logo design for decals. A couple of jeeps seem to be testing them out and I think they look pretty good. Plus, if you want the decal for your jeep, you can choose not to stick "forum.com".

Name:	image-263053932.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	439434

Name:	image-3368798706.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	439435

I know a lot of people have mixed opinions about the jeep climbing and the mountain silhouette, and that's ok (you can't please everyone), but instead of being just a boring simple font and letters that we've already seen a hundred times, I feel these things add some character that set it apart from "other" forum designs.

Last edited by TURTLECON; 03-27-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:06 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are still working out the details on the logo with the forum owner. An announcement will be out soon... It looks really nice on the Jeep.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gort
If you got results, then you searched and didn't type an address. In the address bar, type "jk" and then "forum.com" without putting a space between the words (i.e. type the URL, not a search term). Feel free to type "www." in front of it because it won't matter.

The page you're going to go to isn't this one. And that URL what the new logo implies -- and it'd be wrong.
With Chrome... typing in an incomplete URL in the URL bar is a search. Both "jkforum" and "www.jkforum" returned this site as the first. The second was different sites, (two different ones oddly enough). The results may be skewed with Google Chrome because it uses your history to aid in query results. Since I love this site, and am here often... it makes since that it would direct me here. I tried clearing my history to see if I got a different result, but it was the same. ???

Quick Reply: JK-Forum Logo Contest: We have a winner!