Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

95 GCL interior light problem.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 GCL interior light problem.

Does anyone know what controls the interior lighting on a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limted ?
There are five over head lights . Then there are lights in each of the four doors and two under the dash. They will not turn off. The lights on the doors and under dash are on one fuse. And the over head lights are on another fuse. Currently I have the fuses pulled to keep the battery from draining.
I have checked the push pins on each door with a meter and they all check o.k. When putting fuses back in I hear a clicking sound of a relay behind the glove box. Took the glove box apart and found a bank of relays. 9-10 relays. Do one of these control the lights ? And if so, does anybody know which one ? Been having difficulty obtaining some type of wiring diagram. And have had this problem for a couple of months now.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would also check the rear lift gate switch and also the rear flipper glass switch as well if it is equipped with one. Try disconnecting the switches one at a time.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by backwoodjk
I would also check the rear lift gate switch and also the rear flipper glass switch as well if it is equipped with one. Try disconnecting the switches one at a time.
I will check the rear lift gate next chance I get but if I remember right, it didnt have one. But will still check.

Anyone know about the relays behind the glove Box ?

Quick Reply: 95 GCL interior light problem.