Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

grand cherokee troubleshooting?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grand cherokee troubleshooting?

i have a 95 GC (6cyl)

it has a remote start (aftermarket), and the factory alarm.

Recently while driving down the road, the lights on the dash will flash like the security system has been tripped (while driving)

I don't think it relates to the remote start - although i don't rule it out. I need to have it removed but need to find someone qualified.

Is there a way to disable the factory security? i'm pretty sure no one is going to steal it (knock on wood)

i can't use the remote to lock it because the drivers power lock doesn't work - and therefor will set off the alarm every time.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump.

Same issue with 96 grand laredo 4.0L

I've read where I can ground the security (violent and yellow wire?) coming from under the dash?

I do not have the factory key less remote. Power locks do not work, and I've tried locking/unlocking drivers door, passenger door, and tailgate. It sat for 2 years, and wants to turn over which is amazing, but the damn kill switch won't let it.

It's at Camp Pendleton in SoCal, and I don't want to tow it.

Thanks for any help!!

Quick Reply: grand cherokee troubleshooting?