Notices
Archived - Jeep XJ Cherokee & Grand Cherokees Discuss the Jeep XJ Cherokee and Grand Cherokee at our sister community. This includes all Jeep XJ's made between 1984-2001 and all Grand Cherokees made to this date.

ZJ Suspension Question

Old 08-30-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ZJ Suspension Question

So one of my long time friends is finally joining the JEEP world and i'm trying to start him off right. I was looking at lifts for him and found one through Rough Country. It's a 4" lift with coils, shocks, end links, and adjustable control arms.
My concern is with the adjustable control arms. I've never installed them and was wondering about the difficulty of install and secondly how to go about adjusting them. It seems if not adjusted correctly the rake could be off causing problems. Any advice or write ups ya'll might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RED_RUBI_07
So one of my long time friends is finally joining the JEEP world and i'm trying to start him off right. I was looking at lifts for him and found one through Rough Country. It's a 4" lift with coils, shocks, end links, and adjustable control arms.
My concern is with the adjustable control arms. I've never installed them and was wondering about the difficulty of install and secondly how to go about adjusting them. It seems if not adjusted correctly the rake could be off causing problems. Any advice or write ups ya'll might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Arms are not hard to install just take times.

Be consider to upgrade to Long arm kit later on down the road. The ZJ and WJ are both uni-body and the ride change can be noticeable after lift.

fyi. Do not open the tail gate, or open the doors during some cool crazy flex. the unibody can twist a bit when do it often.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate your response. Are you saying i'll have to upgrade to long arms in future or i should consider it? Secondly I was curious as to how you adjust or what length to adjust the control arms.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Alpha Expedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RED_RUBI_07
I appreciate your response. Are you saying i'll have to upgrade to long arms in future or i should consider it? Secondly I was curious as to how you adjust or what length to adjust the control arms.
Getting the long arms to begin with would be the money saving rout.

Adj the arms by twisting the joints and set length to where the tire can tuck in evenly during flex.

Shoot me a email at dtung@alphaexpedition.com if you have any other questions.

Quick Reply: ZJ Suspension Question