Notices
Armed Forces If you are serving our country by being a member of the Armed Forces and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members serving with you, this is the forum for you.

Boots! What boot do you use?

Old 10-18-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Army lets us wear civilian boots as long as it the rough suede on the outside of the boot and the color is tan. There are a few stipulations to that. No zippers, and no sneaker boots. Other than that it's game on. Thats from the new AR 670-1 Memorandum. So that means in the states or in the sandbox.

I have a pair of the Oakley boots and I don't really care for them. They don't go high enough on my legs. I like the Danner's because they have a 10" height from your heal.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

In our battalion we can wear pretty much anything black just as long as we keep it blackend and clean. I usually rotate every week between the Oakley Assualt Boot or the Blackhawk Black Ops boot. Both super comfy and have had them both for almost a year and lasting me fine.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J2H
Sage green Corcoran Marauders
X2, but I liked the black ones more.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Christiana, Tennessee, United States, United States

On the ambulance I wear Danner arcadias (i think thts the name). When I jump I wear the old school full leather boots they issue you in basic , we always refered to them as '' L.e.g. Boots'' not sure what the offical name is. When I'm in the field or not jumping that day I always wore veitnam style ''jungle boots'' I LOVED THEM , once again not sure the offical name of them
Old 05-15-2009, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

oakley
Old 06-20-2009, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

The 8" tall black Bates are holding out real well. They polish nicely too. I had the short topped Bates from Basic for well over a year, but the watertight knee knocker that leads into my space ran the steel toe right into my foot after awhile.

Those synthetic tall boots with the side zipper... Bah! Lasted maybe 6-7 months before crapping out on me. The glue and stitching was half-assed compared to the standard tall Bates'.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default -

I wore one pair of Bates for my last 15 month tour in Iraq-

Originally my other pair was lost in transit...and after a month of IED free missions...they were my good luck charm.

I think its BS that Danners arent good enough for non-FOBBIT missions, what a joke.

Quick Reply: Boots! What boot do you use?