Notices
Armed Forces If you are serving our country by being a member of the Armed Forces and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members serving with you, this is the forum for you.

Camp Pendleton Marines

Old 08-05-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKMARINE
I've been here for the past 7 years and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Careful. I've heard, and been noticing that the monitors across the board are on a head hunt for Marines that have been in the same geographical location for 8+ years. They are cutting them orders when eligible to "other" places. I don't really get it because there is enough out here to keep a Marine versatile across the board. I think they are just bitter because they are stuck in a cubicle in VA for the time being...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, the monitor came by last week. I wanted to see him so I can get out of the school house. I stayed away though because some people were getting orders to 29 Palms.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, the monitor came by last week. I wanted to see him so I can get out of the school house. I stayed away though because some people were getting orders to 29 Palms.
Everyone that I know that has been here 8+ is either going to Hawaii, 29 Palms, or back east. Just thought I would put it out there to see if anyone else has noticed the trend, and as a warning to not bring attention to yourself if you have been here a while. I'm not sure what has spawned this, but hopefully it passes. I wouldn't mind finishing my career out here, but that may just be me...
Old 08-06-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by gryph0n
Everyone that I know that has been here 8+ is either going to Hawaii, 29 Palms, or back east. Just thought I would put it out there to see if anyone else has noticed the trend, and as a warning to not bring attention to yourself if you have been here a while. I'm not sure what has spawned this, but hopefully it passes. I wouldn't mind finishing my career out here, but that may just be me...
The assignment policies are out of control. I'll use me as an example; got selected for promotion and was told I would PCA in the local area since I had less than two year TOS and there were other newly selected personnel that had been at Camp Lejeune for 6 plus years and would move. Fast forward 5 months and I get orders to Camp Pen. WTF?! We left NC with less than 23 months TOS. There is a silver lining and that is the fact that we are here and enjoying the heck out of it.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Union Jack
The assignment policies are out of control. I'll use me as an example; got selected for promotion and was told I would PCA in the local area since I had less than two year TOS and there were other newly selected personnel that had been at Camp Lejeune for 6 plus years and would move. Fast forward 5 months and I get orders to Camp Pen. WTF?! We left NC with less than 23 months TOS. There is a silver lining and that is the fact that we are here and enjoying the heck out of it.
Now you will never want to leave here!
Old 08-06-2009, 11:55 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not in the military, but I do have a pendleton story.

When I was a kid, my parents would take us camping at Doheny or San Clemente. I remember "the adults" saying that they always had to lock ice chests in the car, because the marines would come steel them for beer. I'd guess it was the special ops guys haha
Old 08-06-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
I'm not in the military, but I do have a pendleton story.

When I was a kid, my parents would take us camping at Doheny or San Clemente. I remember "the adults" saying that they always had to lock ice chests in the car, because the marines would come steel them for beer. I'd guess it was the special ops guys haha
Yeah, it was probably a stupid ass Private. Some of them give Marines a bad name. Thanks for the story. I heard you make some good gear. Do you give military discounts? We really don't make very much money.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it was probably a stupid ass Private. Some of them give Marines a bad name. Thanks for the story. I heard you make some good gear. Do you give military discounts? We really don't make very much money.
I'll hook ya up. PM me with what you need and I'll see what I can do. Maybe we can put a Pendleton package together.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm looking to upgrade to the 1350s front and rear. Just need to get together some funds.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
I'll hook ya up. PM me with what you need and I'll see what I can do. Maybe we can put a Pendleton package together.
A Pendleton Package would be AWESOME. You are my new hero for being so freaking bad ass.

Quick Reply: Camp Pendleton Marines