Notices
Boating & Fishing General discussion forum regarding all forms of boating including motor boats, sailboats and all things fishing including fly fishing, deep sea fishing, fishing gear and great places to fish.

Banjo Minnow...???

Old 06-02-2010, 09:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banjo Minnow...???

Been seeing those infomercials going round again. It's a big joke where I work. Anybody here ever fished with one?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Funny you should ask that. I was at the store the other day with a coworker who is an avid fisher and he was pointing out lures he uses so I jokingly asked about the Manjo Minnow and he said that it works great when you need to fish on the bottom and their are lots of plants to get hung up on. I thought the thing was a joke but he recommended it. He fishes about 5 nights a week soI'd say he's fairly reliable.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let me know how it works
Old 08-31-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Caught my first pike on one in lake superior
Old 10-25-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

HA , I bought one of their sets about 4 years ago. I mainly fish large mouth bass and haven't had any luck with them.I also use to fish large mouth tournments....so iI know how to fish ....ha at least I think I do. I live in a private community with our own lake and every now and then i can sight fish, banjo minnows get their attention and the fish swim up to it but can't get'em to take it. I guess I have better skill with plastic worms and brush hogs and other plastics? So with that being said, I wouldn't bet my jackpot on the banjo
Old 11-19-2011, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default banjo minnow

They are junk, dont waste your money like I did
Old 11-19-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought those when they first came out years ago as a joke with my fishing buddies but I have to say I have caught fish on them. I primarily bass fish and have caught bass on them. I also caught lots of pike on them as well. I found they work well when you fish them like you would a tube lure. I don't use them often just because I have other tackle that work better but I'll toss one on every now and then.
I even have a lure thats shaped like a penis that I have caught a fish on too so who knows.

Quick Reply: Banjo Minnow...???