Notices
Boating & Fishing General discussion forum regarding all forms of boating including motor boats, sailboats and all things fishing including fly fishing, deep sea fishing, fishing gear and great places to fish.

fly fishing the weminuche

Old 03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fly fishing the weminuche

these are from or hiking/fishing trip in colorado. we hiked into the weminuch wilderness for 5 days fishing and camping. it was very pretty and we only saw a couple people early on the trail. we ended up finding a meadow about 12 miles in that we stayed a few nights at and did most our fishing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	426124-R1-012-4A_006.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	38855

Name:	426124-R1-024-10A_012.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	38856

Name:	426125-R1-037-17_018.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	38857

Name:	PICT0342.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	38858

Name:	PICT0375.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	38859
Old 03-13-2010, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Spent a week doing trail maintenance on the Continental Divide trail for a week just a little north of the Weminuche Wilderness area. Every day it was just more and more beautiful.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh wow thats cool. We couldnt believe how pretty it was there. Especially when we made it into the meadow it was very pretty. Colorado is just a beautiful state!!
Old 03-14-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by welker-jk
these are from or hiking/fishing trip in colorado. we hiked into the weminuch wilderness for 5 days fishing and camping. it was very pretty and we only saw a couple people early on the trail. we ended up finding a meadow about 12 miles in that we stayed a few nights at and did most our fishing.
How was the fishing? Very pretty place and the water looks good--really clear. Where did you all enter? Thx
Old 03-14-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

The fishing ended up not being real good but that was due to all the mountain runoff i guess. we entered probably 20 minutes frm durango because we had to go to durango to hit up a couple fly shops before we went in because there wasnt one where we went in. they told us we probably wouldnt have much luck because of the time of year and all the mountain runoff. I hadnt been fly fishing before but my brother goes a lot. We are going to the black canyon in june. I couldnt believe how pretty co is. I would love to live there!!!
Old 03-14-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by welker-jk
The fishing ended up not being real good but that was due to all the mountain runoff i guess. we entered probably 20 minutes frm durango because we had to go to durango to hit up a couple fly shops before we went in because there wasnt one where we went in. they told us we probably wouldnt have much luck because of the time of year and all the mountain runoff. I hadnt been fly fishing before but my brother goes a lot. We are going to the black canyon in june. I couldnt believe how pretty co is. I would love to live there!!!
Runoff screws up the fishing. That part of CO is really nice. We'll head out there in June. Thx
Old 03-14-2010, 11:00 AM
JK Jedi

Beautiful place for sure. I fell in love with the CO Rockies back in 97' when a guy I guided here in Alaska invited Dad and I to hunt elk in the Raggeds Wilderness Area. This is something Dad and I had always wanted to do since I was a little kid. We took horses in and just had a blast.....even killed a couple raghorn bulls. Ended up being the last hunt Dad and I were on before he passed in 99'. So, as you would imagine, CO. holds a VERY fond place in my heart...
Old 03-14-2010, 01:37 PM
JK Freak

My brother and I fished the south platte and arkansas rivers last year. Lot's of fun. Caught a lot of rainbow's and cutthroats. Nice ones. Unbelievable scenery. Heaven on earth.

Jeeping part of the day, fishing the rest...life was good.

Quick Reply: fly fishing the weminuche