Notices
Boating & Fishing General discussion forum regarding all forms of boating including motor boats, sailboats and all things fishing including fly fishing, deep sea fishing, fishing gear and great places to fish.

Yak Yak Yak

Old 06-21-2013, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yak Yak Yak

I know there are some show off threads but I didn't see a general discussion thread. I know this isn't a kayak forum but there are a lot of kayakers on here. I bought a Malibu II last year for my wife and me to take in the waterway and inlets. I think I enjoy it more than her so I picked up a 10' and 12' Tarpons last weekend off of Craigslist. The 12' is geared up for fishing and the 10' seems like a general recreation model. I can't wait for work to slow down so I can go play with them. I'm also looking at the Dagger Kaos. Has anybody on here tried a true ocean kayak with fins? The Malibu was fun in the waves last year but I could tell it wasn't designed for that.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 12 foot sit on top that I fish and duck hunt out of
Old 07-05-2013, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1995nscajeep
I have a 12 foot sit on top that I fish and duck hunt out of
That's what I hope to do as well with my 12'. I sold my triton two weeks ago so we'll see how it goes. Any tips for duck hunting in a yak?

Last edited by SBEII; 07-05-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Kinda late but make sure you camo it really good and have easy acces to shells and make sure ur gun is in a safe place to keep somewhat dry and not dropping it in. I use it now as a way to ferry decoys cooler, gun and other stuff to the blind in the marsh and put the stuff in the blind and paddle it about 100 yards away and walk back to the blind
Old 09-15-2013, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Danny, if your free Tuesday I plan on going to Murrells Inlet for some fishing. Just need to get my milk crate finished then it game time. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Yak Yak Yak