Notices
CenCal If you live in Central California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Beach cruise

Old 05-10-2017, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beach cruise

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you guys know there is a beach cruise on June 3rd. The information below is from the post I saw on Facebook. I would like to get a group to go and find a place to meet other then these locations listed for those of us that don't have to double back on the way there and still meet up at one of their locations. I am working with another jeep group from Fresno to get some more people to go. Let me know if your interested. The group that is hosting it is called wheelaholics: https://www.facebook.com/Wheelaholics/

It's that time again, time for this years Beach Cruise. Just like last year this is free of charge and open to Everything on wheels (if it can be on the street of course). Bring your GoPros, Radios, positive attitude, and let's go have some fun.

I have provided times and addresses for each location in the event that someone gets lost or offtrack.

Below you will find the Schedule of Events:

7:00 -7:30 a.m. : If you are in the Bakersfield area, we will meet at 7:00 a.m. at the Starbucks on Rosedale Hwy (9200 Rosedale Hwy Bakersfield, CA 93312). We will travel up rosedale HWYm turn on ALLEN and take HWY 43 through Wasco.

7:00 -7:30 a.m. : If you live in Northern California, there will be a meet at 7:00 a.m. at the Loves gas station in Tulare (2700 S. Blackstone St., Hwy 99 Exit Paige Ave., Tulare, CA 93274).

7:30 a.m. : BOTH locations will depart at 7:30 a.m. SHARP. This is important so that both convoys meet at roughly the same time at the next location.

(Estimate 1hr 30 minutes of drivetime)

9:00 - 10:00 a.m, : Both convoys will merge and will meet at Jack Ranch Cafe (19215 CA-46, Shandon, CA 93461). We will have a small meeting discussing any safety issues, questions, comments, or concerns. We will LEAVE this location at 10:00 a.m. on the dot.

Hwy 46 West, 101 South, Hwy 46 West to Hwy 1 south (Estimated 1 hr 15 minutes drive time)

11:15 - 2:00 p.m.:This stop has changed from the previous years. We will be meeting in the city of Cayucos. Parking is pretty limited in Cayucos and Bella Vista By The Sea is graciously allowing us to utilize their parking grounds (284 N Ocean Ave, 93430). This is a short distance from the pier and restaurants and can be walked with ease. Please respect the property and do not leave trash behind. GROUP PHOTO AT THE END OF THE PIER AT 12:00. During this time there will be places to eat, restrooms, take photos, check out the area, and support the local businesses. We will start LEAVING around 2:00 to head down to the sand.

Hwy 1 south to Hwy 101 south. (Estimated 45 Minutes drive time)

2:45-5:00 p.m. : We will be meeting in the area around Oceano Park (1330 Dewey Dr, Oceano, CA 93445) and those who choose to go out on the sand can enter via Pier Ave (Just like last year). Do you have what it takes to drive out on the sand for a Beautiful Photoshoot? If not, there is plenty of parking so you can come watch the awesomness.

Estimated 20 Minutes Drivetime

5:30 - ???? : Before we head back we will have another photo shoot on the pier in San Luis (You can Bring your Car ON the pier). We will be eating dinner at Fat Cats Cafe located at (3920 Avila Beach Dr, San Luis Obispo, CA 93405). I have spoken with the owner and they will be ready for us. They are only able to accomodate a limited amount at one time so there will be groups eating while others are doing photo shoots, and vice versa. Fat Cats has gone out of their way the past three years and has taken care of us, this is our turn to return the favor. This will be our last stop and will last as long as you want.

From there we will make our way back home.

Be sure to check out last years coverage of the cruise by Somatic Studios: Coming soon.

This is a CRUISE, not a race! Its a good opportunity for all of the Auto/Moto/??? Enthusiasts to get to know each other and get out of town. It's time to change the oil, check the tires, and put it on the road. We hope to see you out there!

Can't wait to see everyone out there.

Quick Reply: Beach cruise