Notices
CenCal If you live in Central California and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

My new lift kit is in the mail...

Old 01-05-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new lift kit is in the mail...

I just ordered the new JSPEC 2" lift w/ Teraflex Shock Extensions from David @ Northridge 4x4. He highly recommended it and gave me a killer deal. I'll follow-up with shocks sometime soon, but a good set aren't in the budget right now.

The kit comes with 4 springs, adjustable swaybar links, and the extensions. Sounds like a pretty easy install, huh?

I'll hopefully be able to order my Smittybilt rails by the end of January and then, if anyone is interested, I'd like to try and have an install party, hopefully before the Shamrocked event in March! I've already run this by T.VAZ but I'm so excited, I had to share with everyone.

I'm not telling my wife about the lift though, just the rails. I'm hoping she doesn't notice the lift if there's a new step there since she doesn't ride in the Jeep very often. So, as far as she'll know, this will be a rock rail install party, not a lift install party... LOL!

I'm way down in Porterville so if there's a place closer to the rest of you to do this, I'm willing to come there. Would probably have to be in the second half of February or first part of March. Any ideas?
Old 01-05-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

GAH! I didn't realize this would end up viewable by anyone who clicks on "New Posts". Non Cen-Cal folks can ignore this, sorry.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

I would ignore the post except for the part about the wife not noticing the 2" lift!!! Let us know how that goes.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LUCKY!!! My wife is an accountant so she does all of our finances...impossible to buy anything without her knowing!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKid
LUCKY!!! My wife is an accountant so she does all of our finances...impossible to buy anything without her knowing!!!
My wife does all our finances too... but I get what I call "an allowance" each paycheck that goes into my own account. Supposed to be for my daily business expenses (gas, lunch, etc) but I rat-hole a little each month to save up for these kinds of things. She has no idea about several mods I've done.

My next mod will be new slider/rock guards with a step. I'm saying this one is for her benefit so she can get in and out of the Jeep easier (especially after the lift!).
Old 01-07-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DGriz
I'll hopefully be able to order my Smittybilt rails
Griz.....

Talk to Jepitch about her experience with these sliders/step before purchasing them. I would highly recommend going with a different product. I know the price is great but those are more for looks than protection.

Just my 2¢
Old 01-07-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by castor07jk
Griz.....

Talk to Jepitch about her experience with these sliders/step before purchasing them. I would highly recommend going with a different product. I know the price is great but those are more for looks than protection.

Just my 2¢
Yeah, Bondsy already gave me the heads up on that. I'm, instead, leaning towards the OR-Fab now. Not an actual step but the bar will work almost as well but I expect the protection (and quality) to be much better.

Quick Reply: My new lift kit is in the mail...