Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

How is everybody?

Old 03-17-2014, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I guess when mine gets replaced this month with 35 spline chromoly's and matching 35 spline ARB air locker there's no point saving mine because they won't work with the new set up correct?????
That's right. No reason keeping your shafts.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_B

That's right. No reason keeping your shafts.
SOLD to Joe!!!! Bahahaha
Old 03-19-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
Why don't you keep them for spares.

Well I actually asked him if I could keep them as spares and he laughed and said u have chromoly shafts you're not going to break them.

He has a point...thought I was considering keeping them for the simple fact the bearings are still pressed on and that would be a good thing to have as back up but is it worth it? I'm really not sure...I'm trying to sell them to add to my collection of sold parts money muhhahahahahaha. Sold my transfer case. Hoping to sell my current bumper/tire carrier set up as it's always crapping out ...saving up for the genright carrier.

Really think I should keep em as spares?
Old 03-19-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

By "him" I meant to type "Jim" ...
Old 03-19-2014, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Joe_B
Biggy those are sweet. My jeep is being overhauled for MOAB as well. Just ordered 3" synergy coils, fox ipf 2.0, F/R axle shafts, rock krawler front lowers and waiting to get my sliders and broken bumper welded up. Just waiting for warmer weather to install the goodies. This trip is going to be epic.
Pretty nice list goin on there!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepwave
Well I actually asked him if I could keep them as spares and he laughed and said u have chromoly shafts you're not going to break them.

He has a point...thought I was considering keeping them for the simple fact the bearings are still pressed on and that would be a good thing to have as back up but is it worth it? I'm really not sure...I'm trying to sell them to add to my collection of sold parts money muhhahahahahaha. Sold my transfer case. Hoping to sell my current bumper/tire carrier set up as it's always crapping out ...saving up for the genright carrier.

Really think I should keep em as spares?
I just like having a plan B if something does go wrong. I highly doubt he has never heard of a 30 spline chromo shaft snapping. Maybe he thinks you wheel like a girl Seriously yes its unlikely that you would snap a rear shaft but if it did it would be nice to have a spare sitting in the back of the jeep. Personally I carry spare front and rear shafts and a spare fr ds. Probably overkill but gives me piece of mind.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Biggy
I just like having a plan B if something does go wrong. I highly doubt he has never heard of a 30 spline chromo shaft snapping. Maybe he thinks you wheel like a girl Seriously yes its unlikely that you would snap a rear shaft but if it did it would be nice to have a spare sitting in the back of the jeep. Personally I carry spare front and rear shafts and a spare fr ds. Probably overkill but gives me piece of mind.
Hahahahaahhahahahhaha ya could be right. It's a good point, my intention was to keep it as a spare for sure. I guess he talked me out of it pretty quickly. Must do some rethinking here I suppose.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepwave

Hahahahaahhahahahhaha ya could be right. It's a good point, my intention was to keep it as a spare for sure. I guess he talked me out of it pretty quickly. Must do some rethinking here I suppose.
I'll do the thinking for you.... Sell yours and buy mine ...... Lol
Old 03-20-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not break a chromoly? Thats funny. Id keep em for spares. My luck would be id never need em till the day i sold em.

www.facebook.com/nomadoffroad
Old 03-20-2014, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I'll do the thinking for you.... Sell yours and buy mine ...... Lol

How about a trade? My shafts for your carrier hahahahahahhahhaa

Quick Reply: How is everybody?