Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JKJam 2010 update

Old 06-24-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKJam 2010 update

Great news,

We are now able to announce that we will run a moderate trail at JKJam this year.
We have received enough experienced help to support the next level of trail difficulty.
We may also be able to once again offer an advanced level trail as planning progresses.

Also we have had 2 water trucks donated to ensure that there is mud on the offroad course, and the Port-o-Potty facilities have also been donated for the JKJam site which further reduce expenses to increase the amount raised for the Cancer Society.

For more information and/or to register, visit the JKJam website (web address in my sig)

Looking forward to seeing a lot of frends and meeting a lot of new JKers there.

Cheers

Rob 'Tunes' O

Last edited by tunes; 06-24-2010 at 07:42 AM.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

sounds like fun, wish i was around i would come out and lend a hand!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
sounds like fun, wish i was around i would come out and lend a hand!
Thanks Dave,
Yes it should be, it was last year.

The Cancer Society has jumped onboard big time. They have setup a few sponsors and are making us do a radio interview next week.

we are hoping to double last years numbers.

The only problem is that local hotels are booking up because there is a soccer tournament in Trenton the same weekend. I will see about reserving 20 room in Belleville for those choosing not to camp.

So any chance you will be in Ontario anytime next summer Dave?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tunes
Thanks Dave,
Yes it should be, it was last year.

The Cancer Society has jumped onboard big time. They have setup a few sponsors and are making us do a radio interview next week.

we are hoping to double last years numbers.

The only problem is that local hotels are booking up because there is a soccer tournament in Trenton the same weekend. I will see about reserving 20 room in Belleville for those choosing not to camp.

So any chance you will be in Ontario anytime next summer Dave?
not likely....its looking like I might be coming back to new zealand for next summer.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tunes
With rooms in short supply, what is the camping area like? Friendly for a tent trailer and the kids (teens)? You noted it was basic camping (no electricity), do they allow camp fires? Access for the Jeep is no issue, OK for the tent trailer?

Did you have many camping last year?

I'm looking forward to the event and learning from those with some experience, just need to register now.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:02 AM
JK Freak

not likely....its looking like I might be coming back to new zealand for next summer.
I don't blame you. My trip down there was the best trip I think I ever did. 10 days in Auckland, good times

Enjoy.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

sound like fun, would enjoy going
Old 06-26-2010, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

..and if not there im sure out here
Old 06-26-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKSLEEPR
With rooms in short supply, what is the camping area like? Friendly for a tent trailer and the kids (teens)? You noted it was basic camping (no electricity), do they allow camp fires? Access for the Jeep is no issue, OK for the tent trailer?

Did you have many camping last year?

I'm looking forward to the event and learning from those with some experience, just need to register now.
Im not sure how many camped last year. I'm guessing about 8 tents and 1 tent trailer? There is tons of space, and a bonfire setup from 8:00 till10:00 but no other fire pits closer to the camping area. There will be 2 BBQs thought to cook on if you like.
Family, Kids, teens, are all welcome. Scott's kids will be there and quite a few will be bringing children again this year.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Mmmm tempting

I'm not sure about my disponibility but there is some good chance that I will participate
to JK jam this year

Quick Reply: JKJam 2010 update