Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JKjam confirmation

Old 07-14-2010, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKjam confirmation

I still haven't got any confirmation of my registration for JKjam2010. Anyone else in the same boat?
Old 07-14-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default jk jam

same here!!!!

should i reregister
Old 07-14-2010, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

To Quote...

Sorry Guys,
I have not taken over the email/registration thing over from Scott. He has been running the email account and I have been doing the website and forum.
In fact I hadnt setup access to the gmail account on my home computer and was just reading them as they came in on the blackberry.

I have setup my home computer now and will be going thru all emails in it to collect all the registrations info.

This wont happen till I get back from my last trip out to BC with my current job. (I'll be back the end of next week)
Sorry but since I am changing poistions at work, I have had to be on the road a lot (just got back from a month in BC and winnipeg, and I did not have internet access the whole time

There are still slots available for the event (I dont have the exact number of registrations yet)

The dates are Aug 6-8th.

If anyone needs info on alt accomodations if they dont want to camp, then send an email with jkajm motel deal as the subject and I will reply to those from the crackberry right away so booking can be made (25 motel rooms are currently reserved in the area, but the rate is still being negotiated by the charity coordinator of the Canadian Cancer society)

Anyone else who is hoping to attend, please visit the website and send a registration email with jkjam registration in the subject line

Thanks a lot, and looking forward to seeing a lot of you there,

Cheers

Rob 'Tunes' O

Which would put him back here by the end of this week. Then he can help you further. Hope that helps.

Last edited by KidWrangler; 07-14-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got a similar PM from Rob late last week. I have registered on line already. Patience.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok. I'll try and be patient.

Its just that I needed to know what the group rate for the motel is so I can budget the trip. Turning jkjam into a weekend get-a-away with my daughter. She helped me with my jeep, she picked the colour and the tires. Anyways, going thru a rough patch in my life right now and money is scarce. I will probably spend more in fuel just getting to Trenton than on anything else.
I've got 3 weeks left to ensure that I have enough money for lodging,food,fuel,registration fee, and whatever else may come along.

Ok, i'm done my half ass rant. lol got my mojo back.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

You my Brother are Gung Ho about this I just had to help out and throw some ideas out there.

Camping on site is available, cost, 10 Hail Marys you don't get your a** bitten alive, bring a Bbq and enjoy mother nature and appreciate the fact you live in a wonderful country with people you love. Or wuss out and stay at a dirt cheap motel without a group rate, link not provided due to regulations. Belleville is where Rob is aiming for the group rate so I read. I think if you really want to go, because it is happening, then you'll be there cent pour cent, 100%!!! I know it's not the traditionary way of organizing events but I think it will work out just fine.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

was thinking of camping it. But a few things though:

1) never been camping
2) don't have any camping gear
3) don't have money for camping gear
4) most importantly, this is a daddy/daughter trip and she's 4 years old. Not sure how she would like camping if she complains about it then she might not enjoy her weekend. I'm going through a divorce so my time with her is precious. She got so involved with me in this jeep modding that it became our thing. Just worried that if it rains or something and she doesn't like the conditions at camp she will want to go home.

Still considering it though because its free.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:18 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brother ika
ok. I'll try and be patient.

Its just that I needed to know what the group rate for the motel is so I can budget the trip. Turning jkjam into a weekend get-a-away with my daughter. She helped me with my jeep, she picked the colour and the tires. Anyways, going thru a rough patch in my life right now and money is scarce. I will probably spend more in fuel just getting to Trenton than on anything else.
I've got 3 weeks left to ensure that I have enough money for lodging,food,fuel,registration fee, and whatever else may come along.

Ok, i'm done my half ass rant. lol got my mojo back.

Sorry for the delay,
I am back from BC where they dont have internet in the barracks on base.

I called the events coordinator at the canadian cancer society last night when I got home only to find out that she had been playing phone tag all week with the motel manager.

The rate that I got from him was $75/night but that was to be confirmed thru the charity coordinator (hopefully either bringing it down a hair, or getting a percentage donated, or both.

If you plan for 75/night, you should be close.

I am working on gathering all the registration this weekend and getting emails out to everyone who has registered or submitted questions early next week.
Also we are working on updating the registration form, which will also gather in the info we need to prepare the trail lunched from foodland, for all those who choose to pick some up ($5 for sub,salad, and drink)

I am compiling all the emails now, and I will post here when I have replied to everyone.
If I have missed anyone at that point, then I will ask people to email or re-register.

Thanks for you patience, and lookign forward to seeing you all there,

Cheers

R
Old 07-17-2010, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KidWrangler
You my Brother are Gung Ho about this I just had to help out and throw some ideas out there.

Camping on site is available, cost, 10 Hail Marys you don't get your a** bitten alive, bring a Bbq and enjoy mother nature and appreciate the fact you live in a wonderful country with people you love. Or wuss out and stay at a dirt cheap motel without a group rate, link not provided due to regulations. Belleville is where Rob is aiming for the group rate so I read. I think if you really want to go, because it is happening, then you'll be there cent pour cent, 100%!!! I know it's not the traditionary way of organizing events but I think it will work out just fine.
No need to bring your own BBQ, we will have 2 at the camping area
Old 07-17-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brother ika
was thinking of camping it. But a few things though:

1) never been camping
2) don't have any camping gear
3) don't have money for camping gear
4) most importantly, this is a daddy/daughter trip and she's 4 years old. Not sure how she would like camping if she complains about it then she might not enjoy her weekend. I'm going through a divorce so my time with her is precious. She got so involved with me in this jeep modding that it became our thing. Just worried that if it rains or something and she doesn't like the conditions at camp she will want to go home.

Still considering it though because its free.
Wish i had made plans to go...i have a pop-up and my 4 yr old daughter would have loved to have a playmate...planning on next year though
What part of Windsor are you from? I haven't seen your Jeep before but i live in Lasalle/South Windsor area.

Quick Reply: JKjam confirmation