Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Trail run May 30 Bobcaygen?????

Old 05-28-2009, 03:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tunes
What is this trail like?
There is a local guy here who registered for JKJam and is interested in going out before then. I don't think he is on this forum yet, I'll pass it on to him. I am not sure of his experience as I've only texted him once, but I think he has a stock Sahara unlimited.
He will be fine. Just be prepared for it being muddy with all the rain. The trail is fun lots of everything on this one.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Trails should be good, wet and muddy

For those of you coming from the west along the 401 and want to convoy up... We can all meet at the HOJO at Baseline Rd and Liberty Street in Bowmanville between 08:00 - 08:15. We'll be back on the road by 08:20 giving us an ETA in Bob @ 9:30'ish.

JUST REMEMBER YOUR BUG SPRAY.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guess i haven't acually said i was going yet! LOL Anyways i'm going!
2Summer! I'll be meeting you there at the MOJO.
For anybody else wanting to meet up, (i wasn't sure i map quested it) so the address is:
143 Duke Street , Bowmanville, ON L1C (just in case you want the address for your gps, or to look up on map quest)

And as 2summer mentioned about bug spray, also don't forget some water/pop/juice, and some trail snacks

Well i'll be bringing my digital camera (hopefully others will, so we can get lots of pics) I also have a video camera (not sure if i should bring), as it will be hard doing pics/video, and driving! LOL If we are gonna take our time, and if the trail has some good video oppertunities i'll bring it, if somebody doesn't mind using it to get my rig. Just let me know if i should/shouldn't!

Can't wait! 2 more days
Old 05-28-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Super Freak

We will be bringing lots of cameras. but for sure bring yours!!! Bring the Video camera if you want man. I have one too but just too lazy to post the video . Thanks for joining us and I am sure it will be great to meet you
Old 05-29-2009, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Sorry about that guys, forgot to give the directions to the Howard Johnson..

Don't use the directions from MapQuest or Canada411.. It list's the Managers Home on Duke and not the actual HOJO.

To get there take the 401 to the Liberty St exit, head North on Liberty (from the 401 it's the only direction you can go). The HOJO is less then 0.5kms from the HWY on the South West corner of Liberty Street and Baseline Rd. You can't miss it... There is a Gas Station right across the street on the North West Corner.

See you there.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

I'll be coming from the East, linking up with JKDad and doylfkinp. Hope they know where to meet with you guys up there cause I have no idea, LOL

See you at 9:30

channel 16?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tunes
I'll be coming from the East, linking up with JKDad and doylfkinp. Hope they know where to meet with you guys up there cause I have no idea, LOL

See you at 9:30

channel 16?
Yep Channel 16. The Timmies is located at 101 East St. Bobcaygeon ON.......for your GPS if you want. Its at the intersection of King and East St.

Very excited about this trip. I love this trail its fun and has a bit of everything.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

okay not bringing the video camera (packed away), but still gonna bring the camera. Thanks for the updated directions to the HOJO.

Yes i am also excited about the trip, it will be my first of the year for me.
Well i was checking my winch, and tug straps. Everything good, but i did notice a slice in my cb antenna, gonna quickling head up cambridge surplus to get one (stupid thing will probably be white) grrrrr

well gonna go make some new cds for the trip, and i better get a goodnights sleep. Looks like i gotta be on the road at 6am (ugggg)

see you guys tomorrow, and looks like we are gonna have a good turn out.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

what time do you guys think you'll be be coming back. I would like to go but I I have "previous commitments" that I have to attend in the early evening, stupid birthday parties, lol.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

i'm not sure, i guess it depends how the trail treats us with its muddy/wet obsticals

Quick Reply: Trail run May 30 Bobcaygen?????