Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

We need another run soon

Old 08-08-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Google map shows its about 3.5 hours from Richmond Hill. Is that right? Are you guys crashing somewhere overnight? That might be a bit far for the little ones for a single day trip.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Are we still planning on meeting at the usual Timmies in Minden and if so the usual 9'ish?

Mike if that's the case, I'm not sure what route you will want to take to get there as you're kind of in the middle (we kind of come from every direction).. From Barrie it's aprox 1hr 50min to the meeting point...

We all run CB's (whether mounted or hand held), you'll need a tow rope/strap for the "just in case factor".. You can take out your carpets or get rubber floor mats... You'll need to bring your camera to get the before and after pic's... The little rug rats should have a good time... We've always got some on the runs...

Word of advise.. Make sure the Rubi is good and clean, nice and shinny... I speak from adivse the group loves when you show up like that.... heheheh

Hope to see you out.
Bruce
Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Bruce, Minden's only a little over 2 hours for me and certainly doable. I was mapping to Cloyne as per an earlier post. Is there only one Timmies in Minden? If not, which one will you guys be at?
Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by petro
Thanks Bruce, Minden's only a little over 2 hours for me and certainly doable. I was mapping to Cloyne as per an earlier post. Is there only one Timmies in Minden? If not, which one will you guys be at?
LOL, only one there my friend. The mosquitos allow it and it only.

see you there man. Your stock Rubicon should be fine, and if you arent comfortable doing something there are a lot of "routes around obstacles"

TH
Old 08-08-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

$50 for a Cobra HH Roadtrip, supposedly bought off EBay but never used. Good deal?
Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by petro
$50 for a Cobra HH Roadtrip, supposedly bought off EBay but never used. Good deal?
A couple of of the guys run a hand held...up to you. Good price though.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

My suggestion is if you plan on wheeling, I'd get a decent CB. Theres nothing worse than feeling like your "out of the loop" by not hearing whats going on. The handhelds obviously don't get as good reception as a base unit, but I may be a little bias!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Apparently they forgot to mention this one was missing the AC adaptor, so that's out. Where around the GTA can I get a good deal on a Cobra 75?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I can get one off my wifes Dad for a little over cost so let me check this weekend
Old 08-08-2008, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool, thanks.

Quick Reply: We need another run soon