Notices
Cooking & Grilling General discussion forum regarding kitchen cooking and BAR-B-Q Grilling.

Natural Gas vs Propane?

Old 03-19-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Natural Gas vs Propane?

Currently we've got a Weber Charcol kettle (10yrs old and probably good for another 10) but I've been looking at the gas grills.....Our house has a NG outlet on the deck so I've been considering getting a NG grill.

Any opinions of NG vs Propane?
I get that a NG grill isn't as portable but on the other hand you never run out, anything else?
Old 03-19-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A neighbor of my parents has theirs hooked up to a NG connection and they forgot to turn the grill off. Grill ran for almost a week before they caught it. Can't imagine what that gas bill was like. That wouldn't be so bad with an LP tank.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_p
Currently we've got a Weber Charcol kettle (10yrs old and probably good for another 10) but I've been looking at the gas grills.....Our house has a NG outlet on the deck so I've been considering getting a NG grill.

Any opinions of NG vs Propane?
I get that a NG grill isn't as portable but on the other hand you never run out, anything else?
I prefer NG, my last grill was NG and never had to worry about running out and don't have to take the tank down to get filled. My new grill is LP as I have not converted it yet. Both cook fine.

Quick Reply: Natural Gas vs Propane?