JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Down Under (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/down-under-59/)
-   -   Calling All Aussies! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/down-under-59/calling-all-aussies-9496/)

jkrenegade 07-26-2007 04:10 PM

hey chook,

just wondering how much the bar cost you landed here in oz???

looks good!

CHOOK72 07-26-2007 07:49 PM

AEV Front Bumper

Hi jkrenegade.
Imported from US (Quadratec.com cost $700A$)....nothing was available here in OZ when I was looking...Aussiemark posted that AEV Bumper might not be ADR compliant......will investigate further :rollingeyes: So much bullshit with our laws:naw:
Your JK is looking great too ! Let us know how you go with all the extras.

CHOOK72

CHOOK72 07-27-2007 03:52 AM

Hi mate

Hi jkrenegade..
How are you handeling the endof the week?
Any 4wheeling planned for the weekend?

CHOOK72.

jkrenegade 07-27-2007 04:00 AM

hey chook,

back to work tomorrow, trouble with shift work! hopefully get some done next week and shoot up to landcruiser park for a 4 day weekend!

cant wait for the lift to arrive and get some better height!

CHOOK72 07-27-2007 04:04 AM

Well mate I'll be out trying to figure out which spot/driving light combo I should go for. Any thoughts? How much where yours? Are you happy with them?

CHOOK72

jkrenegade 07-27-2007 04:12 AM

mate pretty happy with the lightforce lights, got the cibie oscars combo on the grand, and the comparison is pretty similar. paid $430 for the lightforce including the harness and lock nuts from outback proven online. also got the smaller 170 model for the screen when the brackets arrive from the USA.

CHOOK72 07-27-2007 04:20 AM

Thanks for that.
Well mate I'm gonna hope on the ausjeepoffroad forum to see who's on.
Will keep you posted how I go tomorrow.
Have a good one mate...and don't work to hard....

CHOOK72

aussie 07-27-2007 10:39 PM

wheels

Jk have you sorted any wheels out at all it looks as though they will have to be ordered from the states. Pro comp in melbourne have some idea but cant find anyone else

jkrenegade 07-27-2007 11:15 PM

hey aussie,

been looking at a few places. American custom trucks up here in brissie are looking at getting some in so are hammonds

its hard to find a set i like so for the moment im sticking with stock until i can find a steel wheel for the right price

TheBoog 07-28-2007 01:04 AM

another JK downunder

Hey Aussie JK'ers!

Have had my JK for just under a month now (2dr redrock v6 manual renegade pack) and have been offroad a few times with it... having a ball !!

It's still stock, first thing to add will be bullbar front and back (i like yours chook, might have to get me one of those!) and some extra lights.

Got any good places to take it around Syd without having to drive for hours? I know a few but am always looking for new patches of dirt.

Cheers
TheBoog.

Violet Rose 07-28-2007 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by TheBoog (Post 139599)
Hey Aussie JK'ers!

Have had my JK for just under a month now (2dr redrock v6 manual renegade pack) and have been offroad a few times with it... having a ball !!

It's still stock, first thing to add will be bullbar front and back (i like yours chook, might have to get me one of those!) and some extra lights.

Got any good places to take it around Syd without having to drive for hours? I know a few but am always looking for new patches of dirt.

Cheers
TheBoog.

www.wooders.com.au - He's at Thornleigh. He's a great guy I have annoyed a couple of times already!

Violet Rose :wave:

CHOOK72 07-29-2007 09:32 PM

HI Boog

Hi Mate.

My JK has seen a few tracks but not anything to brag about.
Where abouts do you go 4wheeling?
Going to Jindabyne to do my suspension, tyre/wheel install in 2 weeks
might see if I can find a few tracks to tear up there as well.
Once install is complete will go to Hill End to a mates farm will post some pics then.
What are anyones thoughts on Cibie lights, the Turini's?
Any info will help?

Cheers,

CHOOK72
REG: RKCRLR

CHOOK72 07-29-2007 09:34 PM

Hi jkrenegade.

Do you have any thought on CIBIE lights?

CHOOK72

jkrenegade 07-29-2007 09:43 PM

hey chook,

mate i have the cibie oscars on the wifes grandy and have had them on a few others over the years, i reckon they are excellent, only reason i went the lightforce way was because we put them on our trucks at work and the guys are impressed.

i still havent done a comparison between the lightforce and the cibie but i have a feeling the oscars may give a better more focused light

hope that helps

CHOOK72 07-30-2007 12:00 AM

Cheers jkrenegade.

Will research further..

CHOOK72..

Evil Dolf 08-08-2007 08:23 PM

G'day all

Thought I'd stick my head in and say ello.

I'm about to get (Maybe 4 weeks away?) a new JK Wrangler Sport, 2dr 2.8CRD. Rescue Green with the Renegade pack and a new Heavy Duty Front bar that has been released... its a darn solid looking thing, matt black.

From all accounts everyone here is pretty happy with their JK's, if any one has any advice for a brand new Wrangler owner... please, fire away. Last 4WD I owned was a LWB Series 3 landrover... so very much looking forward to it.

Cheers

aussie 08-09-2007 07:51 PM

finally

Finally picked up my silver unlimited renegade, cant wait to get rid of the bumper and tyres, has anyone priced an AEV bumper ? And can anyone recommend tyres I am thinking a set of 33's on a 17 inch rim, need them to be quiet on road as I will be doing a fair bit of on road and also not to bad on road. I am stoked now that my 6 month wait is over. I can see how people just trip over themsleves to mod these cars, I am hanging to do the same !!!!!

CHOOK72 08-12-2007 07:31 PM

RKCRLR finished

1 Attachment(s)
:eek2: The RKCRLR is finished off.:eek2:
Here is a quick snap shot I took today.
Enjoy your 4wheeling everyone.
Can't wait to get it dirty.

CHOOK72

daveaus 08-13-2007 02:42 AM

VERY NICE! What lift kit did you go with?

The AEV bumper is sexy as, you said $700A before?? was that just shipping its a lot cheaper than what I have seen on the web. Did you need to paint it?

aussie 08-13-2007 04:22 AM

aev

i take that 700 is in american $$, that is definetly the bumper I am after, did you order that through an australian business or just through AEV themselves

ozmarty 08-14-2007 03:57 AM

Hi folks

I have ordered an Unlimited Auto dual top Rubicon from Lincorp (earlier comments are making me a little nervous). I expect to be taking delivery on 1st September. Colour choice was Rescue Green or Black (I chose the latter).

I've been Jeepless since I sold my '03 Wrangler auto dual top at the end of 2005. Other previous Jeeps include a CJ5 and a Grand Cherokee. Other 4WD/AWDs include a TD5 Land Rover Discovery, SWB Pajero, Adventra, Subaru, Isuzu Ute.

When I get my new wheels, let me know if you are heading up here (Newcastle) to go to Stockton Beach, the Wattagans or the Barringtons. We may be able to hook up.

Cheers,

CHOOK72 08-14-2007 04:05 AM

Chooks Mods

Hi all you JK freaks.

Yes the AEV cost me in US $700.00.
This was only for the BUMPER and the WINCH PLATE.
Did not include TOW HOOKS or SKID PLATE that was extra.
SHIPPING was extra to guys.
All where from Quadratec.
My JK has......
SKYJACKER 4" LIFT KIT installed by High Country Customs ( Cal Goodman):thumbs:
BUSHWACKER POCKET STYLE FENDER FLARES
MICKEY T 33'' BAJA MTZ ON 17X9 MICKEY T CLASSIC II 's
AEV FRONT BUMPER
IPF 900XS SPOTLIGHTS x 2
WARN 9.5ti WINCH
HIGH ROCK Oversize Tyre Carrier

Will post more pics of it in action next time.

Cheers all.

CHOOK72 08-14-2007 04:08 AM

Hi Ozmarty.

What are your concerns mate???

CHOOK72

ozmarty 08-14-2007 04:14 AM

Hi Chook

See Violet Rose's comments re Lincorp on page 2. I assume from your quick response you may work there?

CHOOK72 08-14-2007 04:30 AM

Hi Mate.
No I don't work there , but car salesmen are worst than lawyers.
Hope all goes well for you mate.

CHOOK72

daveaus 08-14-2007 04:40 AM

700US is really cheap for the AEV still, quadratec has em for like 1150US now

aussie 08-14-2007 06:02 AM

car for oz

hey oz, I am not sure how far you want to travel to get a car but I had a run around big time when I bought my unlimted, Ie dealers pulling out of signed deals, then they try to undercut one another to get your business I went through it all I even rang the regional manager to complain, even he did nothing but amongst all that just when I was about to vow never ever to buy a jeep. I spoke to zac at tweed jeep. He is straight down the line and wont bs to you i will even travel to tweed from brisbane to get my car serviced. just thought it may help good luck with it

ozmarty 08-14-2007 12:48 PM

thanks aussie. I wouldn't rule it out, but I'll see how things pan out this week.

Cheers,

Violet Rose 08-15-2007 02:37 PM

My Lincorp Experience

Lincorp sales-twat told me that he would have a car for me in a week. One week later, no car. He was waiting for me to give him the OK to get it.... ummm I put a deposit on the car, what does that mean? So he said to give him another week... well he went to Qld for training and no one was left to look for my car. After pressuring his boss, I found out that they couldn't get a car locally because no other dealer wanted to trade with them and my car was on a ship. This put arrival of my car WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over promised delivery date. Funny... SVM at Chatswood had my car sitting in their upstairs showroom.... Hence, I get a refund, go to SVM and I am drving it now! Albeit with a stall bug, but SVM have been great to deal with and I don't have to take the car to Camelia to gt fixed! I live just past Hornsby.

Violet Rose Penguin

ozmarty 08-16-2007 02:33 AM

I was told today by Lincorp that I should have mine Sept 10, so I'll ride it out. Have to say they've been good so far, and they gave me a killer price. I guess sometimes it comes down to the vibe.

Evil Dolf 08-16-2007 05:19 PM

Waiting...

Well...

I'm presently dealing with Tynans down in Sutherland and they're doing a pretty good job. :yup:

Ive ordered a 2dr 2.8CRD Manual in Rescue Green with the Renegade pack. I'm told the only one in Australia is sitting in Queensland, and they're arranging to ship it down as I write this. If I didn't get this one, I would be waiting till November!

Tynans wasn't my first choice, I too went to SVM in Chatswood, and they salesman there did a fantastic job, but they couldn't do the price that Tynans would.

So there will soon be a second JK rolling around Hornsby... now for the wait, but this should be days, not months :)

Evil Dolf 08-16-2007 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Violet Rose (Post 152233)
Albeit with a stall bug, but SVM have been great to deal with and I don't have to take the car to Camelia to gt fixed! I live just past Hornsby.

Violet Rose Penguin

I've read a fair bit about this 'stall bug'... what has everyone's experience been with this?

Violet Rose, have you had any issues in having this rectified?

CHOOK72 08-16-2007 11:21 PM

Tynans and my probs.

Hi all:) .

I bought my JK from Tynans they were pretty good overall in service and delivery. They did address an issue ( I raised with them ) about reprogramming the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). I had an issue with the auto trans.
I was on the M5 doing about 100km when the the car just seemed to slip into neutral for about 2 seconds and then it clicked back into gear:naw: . I got onto the forum that night and saw others had the same issue. I told the service dept at Tynans and they were very quick in getting the jeep in and sorting the issue out:thumbs: . Now my seals for the leaks are in from Singapore and will get that sorted hopefully next week.
I still love it though:yup:

Have a great weekend all you JK freaks

CHOOK72

Violet Rose 08-18-2007 04:47 AM

Whoot!!! There will be 2 Rescue Green 2 doors in Hornsby!!!!! YAY!!

Violet Rose Penguin

Originally Posted by Evil Dolf (Post 153250)
Well...

I'm presently dealing with Tynans down in Sutherland and they're doing a pretty good job. :yup:

Ive ordered a 2dr 2.8CRD Manual in Rescue Green with the Renegade pack. I'm told the only one in Australia is sitting in Queensland, and they're arranging to ship it down as I write this. If I didn't get this one, I would be waiting till November!

Tynans wasn't my first choice, I too went to SVM in Chatswood, and they salesman there did a fantastic job, but they couldn't do the price that Tynans would.

So there will soon be a second JK rolling around Hornsby... now for the wait, but this should be days, not months :)

Violet Rose 08-18-2007 04:51 AM

The car goes into SVM on Monday for a couple of irks and hopefully the stall bug fix. SVM confirmed that I have one of the possible stall bug vehicles and they are hoping to have the software for Monday. I was told last wee y the service manager that he had to turn away one customer because they didn't have the software. I really don't want to take it back again for the 'stall bug' fix. Get Tynans to check on the database to see if your vehicle could be one, but I doubt it as your JK would have a later manufacture date to mine.

Violet Rose Penguin

Originally Posted by Evil Dolf (Post 153273)
I've read a fair bit about this 'stall bug'... what has everyone's experience been with this?

Violet Rose, have you had any issues in having this rectified?

Evil Dolf 08-21-2007 03:48 PM

Thanks very much for that info!

Glad to hear they're being decent about it.

Not much longer now... 7th September is the date!

Violet Rose 08-23-2007 12:31 AM

Whoot!!! We'll have to get the cars together for photos!!!

TIPM has been done and all is well except for a leaky right side on the roof - back to SVM on Wed. They thought they fixed it but in the recent downpour.... nup. Seatbelt was dripping with water almost and the floor under the drivers set was soaked.

Violet Rose :wave:

Originally Posted by Evil Dolf (Post 156697)
Thanks very much for that info!

Glad to hear they're being decent about it.

Not much longer now... 7th September is the date!

CHOOK72 08-27-2007 04:10 PM

Leaks Again.

Well guys the seals on the JK's, what can I say " NOT HAPPY JAN":naw:
Like Violet Rose mine is going in again after getting them replace once.
Fingers crossed they get it right or I'll be using it as a swimming pool :drowninga:
Will keep you posted and I seconded that we get together and take some pics.
Who's intrested?

Evil Dolf 08-27-2007 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by CHOOK72 (Post 161602)
Will keep you posted and I seconded that we get together and take some pics.
Who's intrested?

Yeah... definately! Any ideas on where-abouts? And if it involves a drive all the better! :yup:

ozmarty 09-15-2007 05:46 AM

Hi folks

I picked up my Black Unlimited Rubi from Lincorp Parramatta yesterday. Only problem was a small water leak when I was driving in yesterday afternoon's storm in Pennant Hills. So far I'd have to say it has exceeded all my expectations. I love the firm ride, the quiet cabin and the roominess. The handling, braking and comfort is so far ahead of my 2003 TJ Wrangler, its in another league. I'll post some pics soon

Cheers
Martin