JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Down Under (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/down-under-59/)
-   -   Calling All Aussies! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/down-under-59/calling-all-aussies-9496/)

jkrenegade 07-26-2007 04:10 PM

hey chook,

just wondering how much the bar cost you landed here in oz???

looks good!

CHOOK72 07-26-2007 07:49 PM

AEV Front Bumper

Hi jkrenegade.
Imported from US (Quadratec.com cost $700A$)....nothing was available here in OZ when I was looking...Aussiemark posted that AEV Bumper might not be ADR compliant......will investigate further :rollingeyes: So much bullshit with our laws:naw:
Your JK is looking great too ! Let us know how you go with all the extras.

CHOOK72

CHOOK72 07-27-2007 03:52 AM

Hi mate

Hi jkrenegade..
How are you handeling the endof the week?
Any 4wheeling planned for the weekend?

CHOOK72.

jkrenegade 07-27-2007 04:00 AM

hey chook,

back to work tomorrow, trouble with shift work! hopefully get some done next week and shoot up to landcruiser park for a 4 day weekend!

cant wait for the lift to arrive and get some better height!

CHOOK72 07-27-2007 04:04 AM

Well mate I'll be out trying to figure out which spot/driving light combo I should go for. Any thoughts? How much where yours? Are you happy with them?

CHOOK72

jkrenegade 07-27-2007 04:12 AM

mate pretty happy with the lightforce lights, got the cibie oscars combo on the grand, and the comparison is pretty similar. paid $430 for the lightforce including the harness and lock nuts from outback proven online. also got the smaller 170 model for the screen when the brackets arrive from the USA.

CHOOK72 07-27-2007 04:20 AM

Thanks for that.
Well mate I'm gonna hope on the ausjeepoffroad forum to see who's on.
Will keep you posted how I go tomorrow.
Have a good one mate...and don't work to hard....

CHOOK72

aussie 07-27-2007 10:39 PM

wheels

Jk have you sorted any wheels out at all it looks as though they will have to be ordered from the states. Pro comp in melbourne have some idea but cant find anyone else

jkrenegade 07-27-2007 11:15 PM

hey aussie,

been looking at a few places. American custom trucks up here in brissie are looking at getting some in so are hammonds

its hard to find a set i like so for the moment im sticking with stock until i can find a steel wheel for the right price

TheBoog 07-28-2007 01:04 AM

another JK downunder

Hey Aussie JK'ers!

Have had my JK for just under a month now (2dr redrock v6 manual renegade pack) and have been offroad a few times with it... having a ball !!

It's still stock, first thing to add will be bullbar front and back (i like yours chook, might have to get me one of those!) and some extra lights.

Got any good places to take it around Syd without having to drive for hours? I know a few but am always looking for new patches of dirt.

Cheers
TheBoog.