Notices
Down Under If you live in Australia or New Zealand and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Calling All Aussies!

Old 08-16-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Waiting...

Well...

I'm presently dealing with Tynans down in Sutherland and they're doing a pretty good job.

Ive ordered a 2dr 2.8CRD Manual in Rescue Green with the Renegade pack. I'm told the only one in Australia is sitting in Queensland, and they're arranging to ship it down as I write this. If I didn't get this one, I would be waiting till November!

Tynans wasn't my first choice, I too went to SVM in Chatswood, and they salesman there did a fantastic job, but they couldn't do the price that Tynans would.

So there will soon be a second JK rolling around Hornsby... now for the wait, but this should be days, not months
Old 08-16-2007, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Violet Rose
Albeit with a stall bug, but SVM have been great to deal with and I don't have to take the car to Camelia to gt fixed! I live just past Hornsby.

Violet Rose Penguin
I've read a fair bit about this 'stall bug'... what has everyone's experience been with this?

Violet Rose, have you had any issues in having this rectified?
Old 08-16-2007, 11:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Tynans and my probs.

Hi all .

I bought my JK from Tynans they were pretty good overall in service and delivery. They did address an issue ( I raised with them ) about reprogramming the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). I had an issue with the auto trans.
I was on the M5 doing about 100km when the the car just seemed to slip into neutral for about 2 seconds and then it clicked back into gear . I got onto the forum that night and saw others had the same issue. I told the service dept at Tynans and they were very quick in getting the jeep in and sorting the issue out . Now my seals for the leaks are in from Singapore and will get that sorted hopefully next week.
I still love it though

Have a great weekend all you JK freaks

CHOOK72
Old 08-18-2007, 04:47 AM
JK Newbie

Whoot!!! There will be 2 Rescue Green 2 doors in Hornsby!!!!! YAY!!

Violet Rose Penguin

Originally Posted by Evil Dolf
Well...

I'm presently dealing with Tynans down in Sutherland and they're doing a pretty good job.

Ive ordered a 2dr 2.8CRD Manual in Rescue Green with the Renegade pack. I'm told the only one in Australia is sitting in Queensland, and they're arranging to ship it down as I write this. If I didn't get this one, I would be waiting till November!

Tynans wasn't my first choice, I too went to SVM in Chatswood, and they salesman there did a fantastic job, but they couldn't do the price that Tynans would.

So there will soon be a second JK rolling around Hornsby... now for the wait, but this should be days, not months
Old 08-18-2007, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

The car goes into SVM on Monday for a couple of irks and hopefully the stall bug fix. SVM confirmed that I have one of the possible stall bug vehicles and they are hoping to have the software for Monday. I was told last wee y the service manager that he had to turn away one customer because they didn't have the software. I really don't want to take it back again for the 'stall bug' fix. Get Tynans to check on the database to see if your vehicle could be one, but I doubt it as your JK would have a later manufacture date to mine.

Violet Rose Penguin

I've read a fair bit about this 'stall bug'... what has everyone's experience been with this?

Violet Rose, have you had any issues in having this rectified?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks very much for that info!

Glad to hear they're being decent about it.

Not much longer now... 7th September is the date!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:31 AM
JK Newbie

Whoot!!! We'll have to get the cars together for photos!!!

TIPM has been done and all is well except for a leaky right side on the roof - back to SVM on Wed. They thought they fixed it but in the recent downpour.... nup. Seatbelt was dripping with water almost and the floor under the drivers set was soaked.

Violet Rose

Thanks very much for that info!

Glad to hear they're being decent about it.

Not much longer now... 7th September is the date!

Last edited by Violet Rose; 08-23-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default Leaks Again.

Well guys the seals on the JK's, what can I say " NOT HAPPY JAN"
Like Violet Rose mine is going in again after getting them replace once.
Fingers crossed they get it right or I'll be using it as a swimming pool
Will keep you posted and I seconded that we get together and take some pics.
Who's intrested?

Last edited by CHOOK72; 08-28-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CHOOK72
Will keep you posted and I seconded that we get together and take some pics.
Who's intrested?
Yeah... definately! Any ideas on where-abouts? And if it involves a drive all the better!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Hi folks

I picked up my Black Unlimited Rubi from Lincorp Parramatta yesterday. Only problem was a small water leak when I was driving in yesterday afternoon's storm in Pennant Hills. So far I'd have to say it has exceeded all my expectations. I love the firm ride, the quiet cabin and the roominess. The handling, braking and comfort is so far ahead of my 2003 TJ Wrangler, its in another league. I'll post some pics soon

Cheers
Martin

Quick Reply: Calling All Aussies!