Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

7th Annual Pine Barrens Clean-Up Run!

Old 09-15-2008, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking 7th Annual Pine Barrens Clean-Up Run!

October 26, 2008 (SUNDAY) @ 9:30 AM

Meet at the Atsion Ranger Station, In Atsion, NJ, off Route 206 (Just North of the Wharton State Forest Park Headquarters)

Every year, HUNDREDS of off roaders converge upon the ONE FREE LEGAL PLACE TO OFF ROAD IN NEW JERSEY.

The Pine Barrens.

The Pine Barrens is a strange and unusual place, where plant and animals that are found NO WHERE ELSE on earth live, including the oft sighted Jersey Devil, etc.

It is a unique ecosystem, and it is threatened not by off roaders, but by illegal dumpers.

Every year, the Rangers provide dumpsters, flat bed trailers, etc...and scout out which trails are hit by the illegal dumpers, give us the hit list, and we send out teams of trucks to reach these sites, and remove the abandoned trucks, cars, boats, tv sets, garbage and other items that do not belong.

Teams are divided by skill/equipment...and those with 42's and snorkles get the stuff really deep in there, and those in Subaru's get the closer stuff, etc. The other year, we found an abandoned 37' boat, had to cut it into 3 pieces, and drag them out for disposal.

Every year, vandals throw tv sets, beer bottles, etc, off of the 200' fire tower, just to watch them smash below. They do not seem to care that the heavy metals in the sets, and the broken glass, etc, kills the creatures below, especially after the metals seep into the ground water and kill a long way away from the tower at the hill top.

There is camping, as well as hotels, etc...so you can arrive on Saturday for example, off road all day, and be there for the Sunday AM event.

Contact TEEJ with questions.

Last edited by TEEJ; 10-23-2008 at 04:04 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No dought TEEJ, I will be there.

The wife and I had a blast in the pines back in Aug. with the NJJA. Is there anything we need to bring that may be of help ?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the whole club will be there.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by boots
No dought TEEJ, I will be there.

The wife and I had a blast in the pines back in Aug. with the NJJA. Is there anything we need to bring that may be of help ?
Gloves are always useful (Like work gloves).

Old 09-16-2008, 03:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Talking

BTW - You can click over to www.NORA4x4.com to get more info, follow the reorganization of the site, etc.

Clubs can join as Associate Members for free.

The site is JUST getting up and running, and there's an input section for you to make recommendations/suggestions, and ask questions, etc.

There's a thread on the Pine Barrens Clean Up for example, plus the Rausch Creek runs, training seminars, etc.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

The clean-up is always a good time, and a great cause. It is important to remember that it is not a trail ride, it is about the trash. The Poor Boyz will be there, as they have every year, but I'm afraid I'll be missing this time around. It really breaks my heart because this is honestly my favorite event of the year, but I just can't swing it.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Talking

Hey - a bunch of people are also talking about bringing toys for needy children as well....would you guys want to bring some toys too?

There would be no obligation to do it...it would be voluntary.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Im In! Ill be there!
Old 10-11-2008, 01:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Talking

Its great you can make it...it looks like a good turnout as usual!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Figured id bring this back to the top of the list since its a week away.

Quick Reply: 7th Annual Pine Barrens Clean-Up Run!