Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Custom body shop...

Old 03-29-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom body shop...

Ok I have given up on rear half doors. And after seeing the JT at Camp Jeep and the J8 from Moab, I am ready to go custom. Any one know of a shop that can convert the Unlimited to a TWO door? I have emailed Ok Auto, Jeff Daniels and A to Z. And plan to stop over to Jersey Jeep n Customs.

My plan is to use a p/u bed panel and do away with rear storage tub, a Honda Ridgeline type bed trunk where the floor kicks down for the rear seat and instal a TJ rear seat. And a whole lot of unanswered top questions. Any sugestions ? Feel free to input??

Thanks in advance

Last edited by HUNTER; 03-29-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd contact Burnsville, AEV, and/or Crocker. They all can steer you in teh right direction. Especially AEV. If you really want it done, they might be willing to work with you. Can't hurt, drop them a line.

As for local, you are probably trying to reinvent the wheel here. Since there is obviously some sheetmetal available, these guys have some connections.

while I wait and see! Good luck Andy, you are a braver man then I!

If you really want a pick-up, why not just buy a used Brute? Or even better buy a cheap TJ, and do the Brute conversion? the money you'd spend doing the custom work on the JK, you could have a second toy?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

My LJ rubi was set up that way, safari/duster/jammer, but wasnt really big enough. And the Brute has crossed my mind but didnt want rear leafs. And I like the front end look of the JK much better. and its dialied perfectly suspension wise. And I have emailed-called everyone on your list and then some so we'll see. Then there's always a 5.7 hemi to do. If that price that was floating around EJS was accurate I will do it. I was trying to get the quarter panels from the J8 from don-a-vee but they are Egypt made and "cannot" be had.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok this might sound crazy but how about a shop that makes stretch limos, though a really good bodyman could make that happen. I worked at a bodyshop way back, and the one guy there used a hood panel from a cadilac to replace the side of a custom van, you could never tell it wasnt original he was amazing. I just dont know how you would get a top built for it. Good luck
Old 03-29-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

http://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?t=243

no leafs, sweet build up! Nice truck for the money! Plenty left over for a hemi upgarde on the JK!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive done the multiple car......kayaks.......mountain bike...... thing before, I only got one ass, so the JK needs to do it all! Got a reply from Burnsville, seems they have done this before for Chrysler, funny thing I remember seeing it at Camp Jeep last year and couldnt figure what was different other than the 6.1 HEMI.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

That actually looks REALLY awesome. I like that a lot more than I was imagining I would.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

wow that looks insane. they should offer that on the market

Quick Reply: Custom body shop...