JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   East Coast (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east-coast-51/)
-   -   is this good bye? no, just a new hello! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east-coast-51/good-bye-no-just-new-hello-48700/)

atomicmecha 07-22-2008 07:16 AM

is this good bye? no, just a new hello!

Well, its official, I'm selling my jeep. :crybaby::wah: Believe me, I don't want to, but its just too much to deal with right now. I'm hoping to do a private sale on it, sell it for what I owe. If it comes down to it, I'll probably trade it in for an early 2000's Chevy S10 pickup. The car payments would be much lower, and my insurance would go down as well, so it’s better in a lot of ways.

I will miss the jeep terribly, and as soon as I really am financially able, I'll probably get another one. But this time I’ll make sure I really can afford it and not be biting off more then I can chew.

But don't worry all, I’m not disappearing, I'll still come out and play. I’ll be that black sheep of the heard in a Chevy. :rotflmao2: and you all can take turns getting me unstuck :bleh:.

So if anyone knows anyone looking to get a 4 door Rubicon with an auto (somewhat rare), send them my way please.

Those that know me and my jeep know that it’s in great shape and is fully capable of going off road. I am getting it completely repainted and having a new front window put in before selling it, so it'll look like a show room jeep again!

njjeepthing 07-22-2008 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by atomicmecha (Post 606595)
Well, its official, I'm selling my jeep. :crybaby::wah: Believe me, I don't want to, but its just too much to deal with right now. I'm hoping to do a private sale on it, sell it for what I owe. If it comes down to it, I'll probably trade it in for an early 2000's Chevy S10 pickup. The car payments would be much lower, and my insurance would go down as well, so it’s better in a lot of ways.

I will miss the jeep terribly, and as soon as I really am financially able, I'll probably get another one. But this time I’ll make sure I really can afford it and not be biting off more then I can chew.

But don't worry all, I’m not disappearing, I'll still come out and play. I’ll be that black sheep of the heard in a Chevy. :rotflmao2: and you all can take turns getting me unstuck :bleh:.

So if anyone knows anyone looking to get a 4 door Rubicon with an auto (somewhat rare), send them my way please.

Those that know me and my jeep know that it’s in great shape and is fully capable of going off road. I am getting it completely repainted and having a new front window put in before selling it, so it'll look like a show room jeep again!

What is the mileage on it?

atomicmecha 07-22-2008 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by njjeepthing (Post 606652)
What is the mileage on it?

22,000... a little on the high side i guess...

bly109 07-22-2008 08:21 AM

Hey Alex! I hate to see you sell your jeep, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I know things are tough when you are young and still in school. You are making the right choice for the long term. Good luck! :cheers:

strike2dr 07-22-2008 08:23 AM

I want your wheels and tires!

strike2dr 07-22-2008 08:25 AM

Woops! I thought your signature was what was actually done to the jeep... not a wish list! MY bad, good luck with the sale!

BaltChief 07-22-2008 09:08 AM

You don't have to follow us in a truck......you can come with me, there is lotsa room on the bumper:rotflmao1:

Piginajeep 07-22-2008 10:06 AM

good luck man!

atomicmecha 07-22-2008 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by BaltChief (Post 606798)
You don't have to follow us in a truck......you can come with me, there is lotsa room on the bumper:rotflmao1:

haha! get me one of them safari seats out on the front and i'll take some awesome trail pictures! :rotflmao2:

Originally Posted by benmar2000 (Post 606942)
Sorry to hear you selling it but you have to what you have to do.. Are you going to sell any mods off it or just going to sell it as is..

depends on who buys it... i'll give the option of leaving the lift kit on it or not, but the other stuff i've done is the common things Jeep should've done from the factory (aka, rear grab handles, drilled mirrors, etc). the window storage will come with the jeep. got no use for that except with the jeep. it'd be nice to have a soft top on the blazer, but don't see it happening. i will admit the one thing i'll miss the most is riding with no doors and no top... nothing like it in the world. :yup:

usgaone 07-22-2008 05:48 PM

Alex:

Me smart, get yourself in a good situation, then do it again when you can afford it. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford my hobby (yes Offroading is a hobby of mine!) If my Jk was my primary mode of transportation I'd have a much different state of mind. Good luck, and I'll happily pull that S-10 out of the rocks!