Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

is this good bye? no, just a new hello!

Old 07-22-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy is this good bye? no, just a new hello!

Well, its official, I'm selling my jeep. Believe me, I don't want to, but its just too much to deal with right now. I'm hoping to do a private sale on it, sell it for what I owe. If it comes down to it, I'll probably trade it in for an early 2000's Chevy S10 pickup. The car payments would be much lower, and my insurance would go down as well, so it’s better in a lot of ways.

I will miss the jeep terribly, and as soon as I really am financially able, I'll probably get another one. But this time I’ll make sure I really can afford it and not be biting off more then I can chew.

But don't worry all, I’m not disappearing, I'll still come out and play. I’ll be that black sheep of the heard in a Chevy. and you all can take turns getting me unstuck .

So if anyone knows anyone looking to get a 4 door Rubicon with an auto (somewhat rare), send them my way please.

Those that know me and my jeep know that it’s in great shape and is fully capable of going off road. I am getting it completely repainted and having a new front window put in before selling it, so it'll look like a show room jeep again!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
Well, its official, I'm selling my jeep. Believe me, I don't want to, but its just too much to deal with right now. I'm hoping to do a private sale on it, sell it for what I owe. If it comes down to it, I'll probably trade it in for an early 2000's Chevy S10 pickup. The car payments would be much lower, and my insurance would go down as well, so it’s better in a lot of ways.

I will miss the jeep terribly, and as soon as I really am financially able, I'll probably get another one. But this time I’ll make sure I really can afford it and not be biting off more then I can chew.

But don't worry all, I’m not disappearing, I'll still come out and play. I’ll be that black sheep of the heard in a Chevy. and you all can take turns getting me unstuck .

So if anyone knows anyone looking to get a 4 door Rubicon with an auto (somewhat rare), send them my way please.

Those that know me and my jeep know that it’s in great shape and is fully capable of going off road. I am getting it completely repainted and having a new front window put in before selling it, so it'll look like a show room jeep again!
What is the mileage on it?
Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by njjeepthing
What is the mileage on it?

22,000... a little on the high side i guess...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Junkie

Hey Alex! I hate to see you sell your jeep, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I know things are tough when you are young and still in school. You are making the right choice for the long term. Good luck!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I want your wheels and tires!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Woops! I thought your signature was what was actually done to the jeep... not a wish list! MY bad, good luck with the sale!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Junkie

You don't have to follow us in a truck......you can come with me, there is lotsa room on the bumper
Old 07-22-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi Master

good luck man!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BaltChief
You don't have to follow us in a truck......you can come with me, there is lotsa room on the bumper
haha! get me one of them safari seats out on the front and i'll take some awesome trail pictures!

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Sorry to hear you selling it but you have to what you have to do.. Are you going to sell any mods off it or just going to sell it as is..

depends on who buys it... i'll give the option of leaving the lift kit on it or not, but the other stuff i've done is the common things Jeep should've done from the factory (aka, rear grab handles, drilled mirrors, etc). the window storage will come with the jeep. got no use for that except with the jeep. it'd be nice to have a soft top on the blazer, but don't see it happening. i will admit the one thing i'll miss the most is riding with no doors and no top... nothing like it in the world.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Alex:

Me smart, get yourself in a good situation, then do it again when you can afford it. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford my hobby (yes Offroading is a hobby of mine!) If my Jk was my primary mode of transportation I'd have a much different state of mind. Good luck, and I'll happily pull that S-10 out of the rocks!

Quick Reply: is this good bye? no, just a new hello!