Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Good repair shop in DC area

Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good repair shop in DC area

Does anyone know of a good repair shop near the DC area?

Any help much appreciated.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wildcatjeep
Does anyone know of a good repair shop near the DC area?

Any help much appreciated.
Can you be more specific on the type of repairs?
Old 05-06-2009, 03:30 AM
JK Newbie

Sure. I am having some issues with a vibration in my front end (I am staying away from the death wobble, bump steer, or vibration argument because everyone has a different name for it, but that is what I have). I am probably going to need someone who can do install work for control arms and is also capable of doing alignments. I am sure I could do this myself but because of work half of my tools are in storage and I don't have a lot of time.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Adrenaline Offroad in Laurel. Good guys and Jeff has some really good Jeep techs. working for him. If you go, tell him Ian from Lusby sent you.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Will do. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wildcatjeep
Sure. I am having some issues with a vibration in my front end (I am staying away from the death wobble, bump steer, or vibration argument because everyone has a different name for it, but that is what I have). I am probably going to need someone who can do install work for control arms and is also capable of doing alignments. I am sure I could do this myself but because of work half of my tools are in storage and I don't have a lot of time.
Adrenaline can't do alignments, but if you go to Reed brothers in Rockville, and specifically request Mitch..... (he's one of Adrenaline's installers) he can usually take care of it at the dealership! Tell him Tyler sent you!

Otherwise take the drive up to Westminster and see Appalachian Offroad. They can do it all too, just a bit of a drive.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by riverzendz
Adrenaline Offroad in Laurel. Good guys and Jeff has some really good Jeep techs. working for him. If you go, tell him Ian from Lusby sent you.
yes great group o fguys, they've done a lot of work on my jeep. jeff's a good guy, just hard to get in his shop sometimes. I usually just leave my jeep there for a week and he fits it in.

Tyler
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

If you're not too far from Westminster, I'd say check out Appalachian Off Road. They've done all the work on my JK and I'd say between them and Adrenaline they're the two most highly regarded shops in MD for Jeeps. What sold me on Appalachian was their turn around time on my project. Jeff seemed like a really great guy, but Adrenaline is only a part time business (at least last year when I wanted my mods done, not sure now) and they wanted to keep my JK for a month to get the lift, gears and bumpers done. Appalachian had it back to me in just over a week. The work they do is top notch and the guys couldn't be nicer at the shop.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Hi All, I couldn't find the last thread where a few of you had recommended some dealerships in the MD (DC/Rockville/Frederick) area. I wanted to go to a local dealer to ask about getting the bubbling out of my hinges, ask about the header on the soft top, etc. I went by Mt Airy Jeep but was just as annoyed with the "i have only seen one Jeep with bad paint on the hinges" and "I haven't heard of a problem with the soft top header"... the guy was nice - he did call me back on options for hinges and he was aware of the "sway bar" recall... but I just can't stomach that game where they act like they have never heard of the common problems - that or they really don't work on that many jeeps. I hear a lot of about Adams - but that's a ways for me. And I think Reed is no longer a Jeep dealer and the place I purchased from in Frederick is gone to. Other suggestions? Sorry to ask again - but I thought also there might be some recent experiences. Thx.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

shameless bump in case anyone has thoughts on a good place...

Quick Reply: Good repair shop in DC area