Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

GWNF August 25th

Old 08-14-2007, 01:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWNF August 25th

I'm headed back up there for my off road fix. Went to Taskers Gap last trip, sure was rocky! I'll be in Woodstock, and will go from there. If anyone is familiar with that area, is there anyplace better (alittle less rocky, more hills)?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default damn...

damn, i'm going to be running around Rausch Creek that weekend. It'll be the first time going since i got the jeep. wish i could make it.
Old 08-14-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Super Freak

You should check out the Jeepfest in PA.

Anytime anyone is up for Rausch let me know. I get a wee bit bored at GWNF. Maybe I just don't know all the goo dspots, but after doing teh stairsteps at Dictum stock, I'd much rather drive to Rausch and play on much more obstacles.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 AM
JK Freak

This may sound like a dumb question - but never having been up to Rausch Creek - are there places to just hang out and watch at the park? Like spots where people watch others do some serious rock crawling? Or are things pretty remote? I was thinking about just driving up as a spectator for fun don't have a clue what it looks like around there.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

No dumb questions! yes there is a new competition area, that on a good weekend will have several different groups playing on the different areas. You could have watched me slice a valve stem off my brnad new AEV rims and tires, then hammer it off the rocks, so I coudl change the tire before all the air escaped. Also, there are several places where green (easy) trails intersect or pass near blacks or reds, so you can pull off and watch people play!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by deadspot
This may sound like a dumb question - but never having been up to Rausch Creek - are there places to just hang out and watch at the park? Like spots where people watch others do some serious rock crawling? Or are things pretty remote? I was thinking about just driving up as a spectator for fun don't have a clue what it looks like around there.
But why just be a spectator, I led a guy on Saturday in a stock X unlimted, and he tried everytiing I did! Granted his bumper and rims might have gotten a bit trashed, but as he said, it's 2 weeks old, and I'll just upgrade like I did!

I could easily lead you on trails where you wouldn't do anytihng but have fun! So much more rewarding then just watchiing someone else!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by usgaone
But why just be a spectator, I led a guy on Saturday in a stock X unlimted, and he tried everytiing I did! Granted his bumper and rims might have gotten a bit trashed, but as he said, it's 2 weeks old, and I'll just upgrade like I did!

I could easily lead you on trails where you wouldn't do anytihng but have fun! So much more rewarding then just watchiing someone else!
Yeah, Rausch has a bit of everything for everyone. I've seen Geo Trackers out there, STOCK! My favorite is when the PA Hummers club shows up. those guys make their H1's go over things a stock jeep would wet its self on.

But usgaone, you should come with us on the 25th (if we still go). I'll know this weekend if the club is still going or not, and if not, i'll be up for roaming GWNF some. Sadly, there are no real "good" spots when compared to Rausch. There is a nice section of mud holes and pits along 2nd mountain trail, but otherwise...
Old 08-15-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I remember tahts ection of 2nd mountain. It was fun, but it's hard to drive that far when I can be at Rausch creek in about the same amount of time. As for the 25th, no can do, headed up to "Jeepfest". We've been talking about getting an impromptu JK get together at Rausch, this fall.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, looks like i'm heading to Rausch on the 25th... if the bills dont break me :sad:

Quick Reply: GWNF August 25th