Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Jeep Week

Old 02-06-2012, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I make a week trip to Bethany beach DE every summer, I just might have to make it the week of this and spend some time in Ocean City. Bethany is only about 20 minutes away from Ocean City
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you guys think it would be worth it?
Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

I went last year...but Irene out a damper on things as the town was officially evacuated I love the beach and have been to OC many times before, so if you add a bunch of Jeeps converging on a town for a 3 day stretch = Great Time! I'm in again. I hit up Rausch Creek on my way down last year!! Some excellent wheelin' terrian there Back country camping at Assateague Island was a blast last year and made the trip worth it!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never been there before but have spoken to a couple of guy's that went down for the First "Jeep Week".

They both said that they had a good time and their were things to do but the turnout was light. The wife and I are going to attend this year and see whats up. From what I understand their is an Island with wild horse's that you can drive on.......
Old 02-14-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Excited for this...Ocean City is a lot of fun and I will definitely make it down. Hope there is a good turn out with better weather than the first two years!
Old 02-14-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Pack the Bags, honey !

It's going to be One-Long-Drive from KY to OC, but I'm planning to make a 10 day trip there-n-back. Have family in the area, but my first time to OC, and Jeep Week is the real reason I'm taking her . she thinks to see family (Haven't told 'her' yet, about "main reason" in our going, so keep it mum, please !!) Anyway, it'll be the JK's first 12-13 hour + trip, too ...and that's only to Reedville VA! { Big Yawn }

Will definitely take some photos of the horses on the Island... photos of some of you & your JKs (in/on them), and plan to just have a Good Time with mine, and admiring everyones. Meeting some of you guys (and of course having one or two ....) - well, it should all-in-all... be a Pretty Fun Time, weather permitting, that is!

Uggh, it's just the trip back that'll be a downer, but I'll have some good memories ..for many of those hours driving !
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

KY HILTOPR,
Hope you have a good trip.
Reedville, VA is around a 3.5 hour drive to OC, MD.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanx Bro - I didn't know that..

Haven't looked at map, but is there a ferry that's available ?from Reedville -OC ??
{Egadzzz: Now I'm thinking that I'm going to need 2 weeks off from work. }
Old 02-16-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KY HILTOPR
Thanx Bro - I didn't know that..

Haven't looked at map, but is there a ferry that's available ?from Reedville -OC ??
{Egadzzz: Now I'm thinking that I'm going to need 2 weeks off from work. }
There is a ferry, that runs irregularly, from Reedville, VA to Crisfield, MD ( http://www.tangierislandcruises.com/Cross_Bay_Ferry.htm ) However, it would take longer than driving.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hsacks820
Do you guys think it would be worth it?
"To each their own"..... we went in 2010 and wont be returning..... others went in 2010 and indicated they had a good time.

Quick Reply: Jeep Week