Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 01-16-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewsJK
ok so these are wheels i want i am getting them in 16x8 and with the wheel ring.. i just can't decide on the color. if i do the black i want to make the ring steel blue. lets hear your input
Are you gonna wheel with them? I hate to mess up pretty wheels. Especially this one, being my choice (for street use):
Old 01-16-2010, 03:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
Got my OR-Fab sliders and side armor mounted

Very Nice!
Old 01-16-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Are you gonna wheel with them? I hate to mess up pretty wheels. Especially this one, being my choice (for street use):
ya those are the ones i really want, i was think the wheel ring would help
Old 01-16-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
Adam, check your ball joints. I just came from Evan's shop, did both sides of ball joints and replaced the rear ABS sensor on the passenger side and rear pads while he worked on other rigs. Had 4 of us from the club today working on our rigs side by side.

I had a slight steering wheel shimmy and a minor death wobble when going over certain uneven roads or bumps. So far, not a single shimmy since the ball joints. He did tell me to get a TF SS, the OEM one is too skinny of a SS for 35s and wheelin' he thinks. Plus, I ripped all the suspension bolts tight with his airgun, epsecially the trackbar.

ESP/ABS/BAS/TCS lights all went off. Pulled the rear rotors and cleaned off all the caked on mud and grim from the tone rings. Used the air gun to blow them dry. Replaced the rear passenger sensor, good to go.

Check your toe, while up on the lift, all of us noticed my tie rod is bent, that throws off toe which can definitely cause DW. Check your SS for leaks and/or change it out to a beefier unit. Don't go with RMS, those guys are not Jeep guys, they don't normally work on Jeeps.
I checked, my BJ's are fine. Toe was out slightly before the alignment two weeks ago. Everything is torqued and good. I think this is how it was stock. All I did was add TF coil lift. I think it is the same as when I got it. Whateva, it's driving good again.

I also mounted the female end of the tube to the axle since my SS relocation bracket raised the other end and I wanted the oil resting at the bottom of the tube instead of on the seal. Like I said, whateva.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SS.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	35536  

Last edited by adamisadam; 01-16-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

...my BJ's are fine.
Signature quote right there...
Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nlgrav182
Signature quote right there...
It wasn't unintentional. BUT IT WAS A JOKE!
Old 01-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Raf
JK Enthusiast

I also mounted the female end of the tube
Might as well add this one too
Old 01-16-2010, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

adam you mounted the canister part on the tie rod? did they tell you to do that? I was wondering if it was possible to switch my TF stabilizer around
Old 01-16-2010, 04:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BBirish
adam you mounted the canister part on the tie rod? did they tell you to do that? I was wondering if it was possible to switch my TF stabilizer around
I see you were more careful than I was with your choice of words!

Yes, I mounted it this way:

Mike from here was told by the AEV engineers that the damper MUST be installed this way. The guy from RMS said it does't matter which way you mount it. So I did it as pictured.

I test fit it first, and it didn't seem to make a difference in terms of clearance, so I figured better safe than sorry.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

BB that is some sick armor how much did that go for? I love how that looks. I like the second pair of rims there. But its your truck man, grab what you want. Also saw a blue four door with a 3' lift. With 4 I think procomp tires, and a stock alloy for the spare. It was on 347 by Port Jeff Jeep.

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY