Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

looking ot see who is interested in wrenching in february

Old 12-26-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone attending this wrench fest a decent welder? I got a JKS rear trackbar brace and I'm gonna need help (read someone to do it for me) get this bad boy installed
Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by paramaniac
Is anyone attending this wrench fest a decent welder? I got a JKS rear trackbar brace and I'm gonna need help (read someone to do it for me) get this bad boy installed
Is this still in the planning phase or what? I would be interested to stop by and take a look.

I do have some welding experience as well. Give me a couple of practice welds, and I should be good to go. Do I have to bring my Miller?
Old 12-29-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

as far as i know, dan was just putting out feelers to gauge interest.

im hoping this thing goes down. like i said i got the trackbar brace and i need it welded. plus it would be a good learning event for newbies!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like a good time. I would go but its 2 hrs from me and dont have a JK to wrench on yet.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paramaniac
as far as i know, dan was just putting out feelers to gauge interest.

im hoping this thing goes down. like i said i got the trackbar brace and i need it welded. plus it would be a good learning event for newbies!
Well, if it doesn't happen there, I am right up the road from greasemonkey so we could always do it at my place. If I pull my boat and my van out of the driveway we can probably get 4 Jeeps in front of my garage on a nice flat paved area. I don't have a working compressor (just got a hole in the tank) or a welder but I do have 110 and a 220 line in the garage if someone can bring a welder. I do think greasemonkey will end up having this though.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

Im thinking of going too, since im a couple of hours away
i can offer my hands and if anyone needs in the future i have a 2 car garage with propane forced air heat (portable) it fits 2 jk's in there nicely..... I too am interested in cutting my flares but would be more comfortable with someone who did it , i have a grinder with cutting wheel....
Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

while i didnt actually cut my flares, i picked them up from someone who did, we can take them off and use them as guides for yours. im pretty sure that i F*ed up cutting the inner wheel liners, gonna start checking junk yards for replacements.

also, i just had to replace a few of the "T" clips that hold the fenders on, $4.40 a piece!!!! lesson learned.

all in all this will be a great day, wrenching, gettin mods done. cant wait!!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Newbie

Hey fellas. I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. I'd really like to participate in the wrenching. I live ~25 mins from Reading (Gilbertsville) and am trying to get my 07 JK 4dr ready for some trail riding this spring or sooner. I am planning to order the following but have no experience working on my jeep. I got a couple of install quotes from local shops which were real high and I'd rather invest the extra dough into mods. Based on what I've read I think most of the stuff I plan to do in phase I is pretty straightforward, but I am still nervous and don't have many of the necessary tools. Here's a list on my phase I upgrades. Keep me posted and let me know if you think I can get this accomplished at the wrenching. Thanks and look forward to hooking up with some of you at Rauch.

Phase I:
Clayton 3.5" suspension kit
OME LT shocks
Swap out Tires/Wheels
maybe drivehafts...if not now definitely late
Old 01-09-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

And I'd be happy to bring some beer, since that seems to be the going rate for knowledge.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by magilla97
Hey fellas. I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. I'd really like to participate in the wrenching. I live ~25 mins from Reading (Gilbertsville) and am trying to get my 07 JK 4dr ready for some trail riding this spring or sooner. I am planning to order the following but have no experience working on my jeep. I got a couple of install quotes from local shops which were real high and I'd rather invest the extra dough into mods. Based on what I've read I think most of the stuff I plan to do in phase I is pretty straightforward, but I am still nervous and don't have many of the necessary tools. Here's a list on my phase I upgrades. Keep me posted and let me know if you think I can get this accomplished at the wrenching. Thanks and look forward to hooking up with some of you at Rauch.

Phase I:
Clayton 3.5" suspension kit
OME LT shocks
Swap out Tires/Wheels
maybe drivehafts...if not now definitely late
Welcome magilla. You may want to do some research on this site about a 3" lift. I think once you get to that level, you are going to need shafts sooner then later. Check the Write-ups Section or the JK-Talk.
You've got myself and Acelockco in Reading and BriTine in Lansdale. These guys I met, and they a good bunch. They are heading up to Rausch Creek on 1/31 and 2/1. I may head up one of those days. Mine is still stock, but I have fun!
See Ya.

Quick Reply: looking ot see who is interested in wrenching in february