Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

looking ot see who is interested in wrenching in february

Old 01-10-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by el_campede
Welcome magilla. You may want to do some research on this site about a 3" lift. I think once you get to that level, you are going to need shafts sooner then later. Check the Write-ups Section or the JK-Talk.
You've got myself and Acelockco in Reading and BriTine in Lansdale. These guys I met, and they a good bunch. They are heading up to Rausch Creek on 1/31 and 2/1. I may head up one of those days. Mine is still stock, but I have fun!
See Ya.
If its a 6speed, the stock shafts should be fine on a 3.5 lift, but if its an auto, he'll need to replace at least the front one sooner then later. The front one hits the auto tranny pan flange when it flexes and tears up th boot.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the informtation and advice. I have done quite a bit of research on this forum and see that driveshaft is recommended for the front in the 4dr. My plan was to wheel it lightly until I can afford phase II of my mods. My phase II mods were going to include the following when money permits. I was planning to have these mods done by the shop since the gearing is way beyond what I am willing to tackle. Also the labor is about the same to get the lockers done while regearing. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Phase II:
Regear to 5.13
Upgrade front axle shafts to chromoly and maybe add ARB locker
Upgrade rear axle shafts to 35 spline chromoly w/ ARB locker
Install ARB compressor
Woods 1310 front driveshaft (I don't think the rear is needed on the 4dr right away)

Also I plan to upgrade the front bumper and add rock sliders in the near future. I am leaning toward the LoD stubby and rock sliders. Any opinions on these?

Tires...I am deciding between Toyo OC MT ($$$), BFG KM2 ($$$), or Pro Comp Xtreme MT ($$).

I am really looking forward to getting out there soon!
Old 01-10-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Depending on what date you all decide on I may be up for this...
Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Bumpitty bump bump....

Anyone? Dates, locations?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

i might be available depending on the date and what kind of beer is provided...im interested in putting on a BL of one or two inches....
Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

What beer would you like?

Ill get the weekend dates in feb posted... We also have to get the OP and find out if the space is still avail and what days

Last edited by paramaniac; 01-27-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like to get in on this got plenty exp. wrenching welding and most of all BULLSHITTING
How many people can you fit AND WHEN IS IT?????
Old 01-29-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

I got this from greasemonkey, the OP

Well as much as hate to say it, i am not going to be doing anything to the jeep due to the economy. i havent bought anything for the jeep since september and might just leave it alone till this summer.i had my hours cut at work and since the way money is now i am using the couple thousand $ that was going to be for jeep parts on getting out of debt. sorry, and tell the guys that too. i just havent had the tume lately to get on the forum.

any thoughts? i dont have a facility to offer or else i would....
Old 01-29-2009, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a shop or a welder but if anyone needs a place to do some wrenching I have a 2 car garage and a good size driveway I am willing rent out for beer and pizza.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the welder (110V) and tools for prep and clean-up. Any one need welding done?

I have put on my 2" lift, but I need to put the front stock spacer is to level my JK out. My garage is full of kids bikes, electric Jeep, and my Mini, so I'm out of room to work on my JK. A 2 car garage would be handy... Food and drink also sound good.... Shootin' the breeze is always a pleasure.....

Quick Reply: looking ot see who is interested in wrenching in february