Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

New York fender flare laws?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by highoctane
I might have to find a place for the AR rifles to stay. Id hope the Sig P239 can stay with me though, as well as a shotgun and rifle for hunting.
You won't be able to bring the Sig in until you get a NYS pistol permit. The shotgun and rifle are no problem. The AR's will have to meet the AWB restrictions, even though the federal AWB lapsed, NY has a clone of that law still on the books. Lots of info about NY firearms and laws at nyfirearms.com , just add the www in front.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

I asked my brother who is a NYS Trooper. He is not aware of any V&T laws regarding fender flares. He said that other states have laws about that but not NYS.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobzinger
I asked my brother who is a NYS Trooper. He is not aware of any V&T laws regarding fender flares. He said that other states have laws about that but not NYS.
Thats good to hear then. Im just gonna get the fenders and install them once I move up there.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:09 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is good to hear thanks!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bobzinger
thats good to hear.... also this is how im running my fenders in NY

Old 03-21-2010, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

You should call DMV, I called them before and asked them a bunch of questions about bumpers and got some good answers.

(Don't give them your name, so they don't have a record of you calling just in case you decided you don't want to do what they said)
Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badron5
You should call DMV, I called them before and asked them a bunch of questions about bumpers and got some good answers.

(Don't give them your name, so they don't have a record of you calling just in case you decided you don't want to do what they said)
I stopped at the local DMV, they told me to call the NYS police.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

I'm about ready to install the Xenon flat fenders (1/2" more-narrow than stock). My brother who is a NYS Trooper said that although I wouldn't have the problem here in NY, he said I may run into an issue traveling to another state, such as Pennsylvania. He knows that I head down to Rausch Creek a lot.

I remember WOL posting something a few weeks/months ago about getting pulled over for no mud flaps. He bought the Teraflex removable ones. If I ever get the ticket for having too narrow of a fender flare, I'll pay the fine and carry on.

Quick Reply: New York fender flare laws?