Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.
View Poll Results: Are you coming???
Yes (well....90% - 100% certain)
70.00%
Maybe (50% - 89% certain)
0%
No (I am a loser)
30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Nj Pine Barrons Trip (12/2)

Old 11-30-2007, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Labrador
OK im in! but i have no recovery gear. any of you guys will hook me up just in case? Anybody comming from Philly area?
I got you covered! Plenty of recovery gear and recovery experience! Plenty of winch too! So no worries!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

i will go if i can ride along...my stock x and having to go into the dealer on tuesday for th epinion seal tsb wont look good cacked in barrens pine soup.

Anyone need a winch bitch? I just need a ride back to the meetin area at the end,
Old 11-30-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by voodoojk
ha...i just asked my buddy today if he wanted to head to the barrens for a "foul weather" run like we usually do. He said he couldn't go then all of a sudden everyone is going down there sunday! I been down there a bunch of times but its really confusing. Bring GPS!! I am 100% stock in an x and cant get to deep or i would go. I know you guys will be in the muck big time. I burried my xterrra up to the mid doors last year on the same weekend 1 year ago!!
It's that bad? I'm all stock too, i'm not fucking up a brand new jeep... I'll take my old pickup i guess. if i go. you scared me
Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

well...it can get bad. Depends on what you go through. I been there several times in mud that were like puddles...and i been in holes that came up to my doors and flooded my whole rig only to find out if i went in the middle i could have drove through in 2wd. It can get deep. But most places have a bypass. The biggest pain for the barrens are tire ruts. Just let the most capable rig go first. Then gauge it by that. Dont be scarred. Just use common sense and you will be fine. Strap up before hand and go for it.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys, the thing is that my Jeep is trail rated, but i'm not...
It would be the first time for me, so i hope you understand. I love my jeep, and it's still so new... But if there are ways around the places i'm not sure about, i'm there, if not- i'm turning around
Old 11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

there is very little off road skill needed in the barrens. IF you can drive on a dirt road. Your fine. The trails are just sandy jeep paths. Th eworst stuff are whoops on some narrow trails that are awsome to play on. Just dont floor it and bottom out you bumpers. Other then that basic mud driving on the wet spots apply.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one here wants to f-up their Jeeps. They are all brand new. We won't let you mess anything up. If it looks too deep, go around. Just follow Slickwill. If he gets stuck, just back off.

Will, I got your back. I started putting in the winch today. Pain in the ass, though. I have the AEV bumper and it does not have room for the selenoid type of winches. I'm fab'ing it up to work - almost done. I'll finish tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

do what you feel comfortable. None of us will force you to do something to damage your new vehicle. But from what I understand, it's fairly tame, and where it's nasty you can get around. Anyways, talk yourself out of it/into it, I'm pretty sure I'll be there, and I have a 3 hour drive home with my wife, so you can bet on me keeping the interior DRY!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usgaone
do what you feel comfortable. None of us will force you to do something to damage your new vehicle. But from what I understand, it's fairly tame, and where it's nasty you can get around. Anyways, talk yourself out of it/into it, I'm pretty sure I'll be there, and I have a 3 hour drive home with my wife, so you can bet on me keeping the interior DRY!
Thats what i wanted to hear. as long as i can get around the nasty spots, i'm there with my JK. Already talked to my wife, she gets to go shopping, i'm going wheeling hmmm i should set the limit for her....
Old 12-01-2007, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Sweet Sounds Like Were Going To Have Some Funnnnnn

Quick Reply: Nj Pine Barrons Trip (12/2)