Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Official VA Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The budget boost was fine. I never had a problem except for the front shock extensions...one broke and one bent. I just removed them and connected the shocks to the factory location. Battlefrog helped me do one on the trail when it broke. I ran 33's and moved to 35's with it on. I got plenty of flex with that set up. I just wanted to go a little taller, so I have been putting together a 4" lift. So far, I have RC 2.2 shocks and RC springs. The great thing about the Jeep community is that everyone is in different build stages, so you can sell your old stuff to recoup some of the cost on new stuff.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SayreJK07
The budget boost was fine. I never had a problem except for the front shock extensions...one broke and one bent. I just removed them and connected the shocks to the factory location. Battlefrog helped me do one on the trail when it broke. I ran 33's and moved to 35's with it on. I got plenty of flex with that set up. I just wanted to go a little taller, so I have been putting together a 4" lift. So far, I have RC 2.2 shocks and RC springs. The great thing about the Jeep community is that everyone is in different build stages, so you can sell your old stuff to recoup some of the cost on new stuff.
Ya man, its pretty cool. I'm always trolling the for sale site to see if there are any good parts up. I just talked to a guy on here who did the 2.5" Coil lift and then installed his TF leveling kit on top of it. It looks sharp...I might hold my TF leveling kit. But for that of a gain, I'd have to by an adj Track Bar for the 4-5" up front and for the 3.5" in the rear and then better shocks. But your heads up on the bent adapters may force me to invest in better shocks.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

You can compare the thickness of your shock extensions to mine if you come over on the 6th. Yours may be better quality since mine was an ebay special. Worst case, you just attach the shock to the factory mount and lose 2 to 2.5" of drop in the shock when you stuff the opposite side. I didn't notice any difference without them. Adjustable trackbar will come for mine in July for my birthday, unless I break something before then. I don't really like spending the money on anything until it breaks and then I upgrade.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jereb83

Ya man, its pretty cool. I'm always trolling the for sale site to see if there are any good parts up. I just talked to a guy on here who did the 2.5" Coil lift and then installed his TF leveling kit on top of it. It looks sharp...I might hold my TF leveling kit. But for that of a gain, I'd have to by an adj Track Bar for the 4-5" up front and for the 3.5" in the rear and then better shocks. But your heads up on the bent adapters may force me to invest in better shocks.
It was because of the style of extensions he was running... I honestly don't think they were manufactured for the type of wheeling Matt routinely does on his jeep... Was def an interesting day in oak ridge, and hot as balls when it happened...
Old 04-27-2012, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I've never run a real lift...just spacers, so hopefully everyone is right about TF and hopefully there extensions are good stuff. Not that it matters. The extent of wheeling that I do is going to the beach in OBX and back to Va Bch. Much closer than out west, although ti was much more fun in the GWNF.

Like you SayreJK07, I don't like buying things, especially brand new things. So that leveling kit will probably wait because I don't want to spend a bunch on track bars and drive shafts. I'll just hope for that CB radio I asked for my B-Day/Christmas.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:09 AM
JK Junkie

Well I've never run a real lift...just spacers, so hopefully everyone is right about TF and hopefully there extensions are good stuff. Not that it matters. The extent of wheeling that I do is going to the beach in OBX and back to Va Bch. Much closer than out west, although ti was much more fun in the GWNF.

Like you SayreJK07, I don't like buying things, especially brand new things. So that leveling kit will probably wait because I don't want to spend a bunch on track bars and drive shafts. I'll just hope for that CB radio I asked for my B-Day/Christmas.
There is no need for adj trac bars or new DS with a leveling...
Old 04-28-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I meant I would need the adj track bars and drive line fixes if I put the leveling kit spacers onto the 2.5" coil lift essentially giving me 5.1" up front and 3.1" in the rear. So I think I will make do with the 2.5" lift....especially since I've read that it yields 3.1" up front and 2.5 in the back with the .5" spring guides.

Last edited by jereb83; 04-28-2012 at 06:02 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

I meant I would need the adj track bars and drive line fixes if I put the leveling kit spacers onto the 2.5" coil lift essentially giving me 5.1" up front and 3.1" in the rear. So I think I will make do with the 2.5" lift....especially since I've read that it yields 3.1" up front and 2.5 in the back with the .5" spring guides.
The TF def yields more lift than than 2.5"... Just trimming fenders will give you a great look and appearance of more lift. Not to mention, much less to no rubbing during flex...
Old 04-28-2012, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
The TF def yields more lift than than 2.5"... Just trimming fenders will give you a great look and appearance of more lift. Not to mention, much less to no rubbing during flex...
I would love to trim my fenders, but I am the most idiotic when it comes to doing that kind of stuff...not building, but doing fine details like cutting straight lines. Maybe I will undertake it at some time, especially since I can get away with not having fender flares for my tires. I've also looked at that stubby bumper conversion for the stock bumpers. You seen anyone with that before?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:00 AM
JK Junkie

I would love to trim my fenders, but I am the most idiotic when it comes to doing that kind of stuff...not building, but doing fine details like cutting straight lines. Maybe I will undertake it at some time, especially since I can get away with not having fender flares for my tires. I've also looked at that stubby bumper conversion for the stock bumpers. You seen anyone with that before?
I'm sure Matt (Sayre) would be more than willing to help you with the fender trim... He did mine about 2 months ago and they came out awesome!

Quick Reply: Official VA Thread