Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rausch Creek Run December 6th

Old 12-28-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andywentjku and I are registered for mark stone green/blue!
Old 12-28-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK505
Andywentjku and I are registered for mark stone green/blue!
Awesome! Nice to see you guys are gonna make it.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dcharge74
Awesome! Nice to see you guys are gonna make it.
This will be our first time. Do they still offer free camping during this? Is space usually an issue?
Old 12-28-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

The camping is still free for the event, but participants need to camp on "pit road" on the northeast property. That's the newer area across the street from the main office/parking lot. The main lot and camping area is reserved for the vendor show and trail guide camping

My advice would be to get there as early as possible....I.e. Late Thursday or early, early Friday. The later you get there, the worse quality spot you will get, but there is plenty of room. I'd also bring some kind of padding for under your tent. It's very rocky over on that side. I saw some bring a bale of straw with them last year to spread out under their tent. Looks like it would work pretty well.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

The camping is still free for the event, but participants need to camp on "pit road" on the northeast property. That's the newer area across the street from the main office/parking lot. The main lot and camping area is reserved for the vendor show and trail guide camping

My advice would be to get there as early as possible....I.e. Late Thursday or early, early Friday. The later you get there, the worse quality spot you will get, but there is plenty of room. I'd also bring some kind of padding for under your tent. It's very rocky over on that side. I saw some bring a bale of straw with them last year to spread out under their tent. Looks like it would work pretty well.
Okay, sounds good. When we get there, do we go to the main office first, then over to the camp site on the north east property? As for bedding, I'll be hanging the hammock on the roll cage unless a passenger tags along for the weekend.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

You'll get all this info through TFT as it gets closer to the event, but last year they had check in all day Friday under the pavilion behind the office. That's pretty much the main gathering area during the vendor show and in the mornings before the trail rides.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

You'll get all this info through TFT as it gets closer to the event.
I figured we might, just trying to think ahead. Thanks for the info
Old 12-28-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, so consider me noob. But I have been thinking about making it to this event this year and have no idea what all this group talk is.. Iv never been to a jeep 'event' and have no idea where to start or what to expect.. Shed a little inside?
Old 12-28-2014, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by swanny2369
Ok, so consider me noob. But I have been thinking about making it to this event this year and have no idea what all this group talk is.. Iv never been to a jeep 'event' and have no idea where to start or what to expect.. Shed a little inside?
This will be my first time going, but I'll share what I know, maybe it'll help?

Topless for tatas is at Rausch creek in Pa, to raise money and support breast cancer awareness. You would start by deciding if you would like to go. If you do, click the link a few posts back and register for the event. The groups will be listed after you select the level of trails you would like to run. There's scenic, 101 (the trail they hold classes off roading classes on), green (easiest trails and stock friendly), blue (slightly more difficult than green), then black, then red.

Once you choose a trail difficulty you would like to run, you choose a group. Then I guess we find out more info via email as the date gets closer
Old 12-28-2014, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK505
This will be my first time going, but I'll share what I know, maybe it'll help?

Topless for tatas is at Rausch creek in Pa, to raise money and support breast cancer awareness. You would start by deciding if you would like to go. If you do, click the link a few posts back and register for the event. The groups will be listed after you select the level of trails you would like to run. There's scenic, 101 (the trail they hold classes off roading classes on), green (easiest trails and stock friendly), blue (slightly more difficult than green), then black, then red.

Once you choose a trail difficulty you would like to run, you choose a group. Then I guess we find out more info via email as the date gets closer
Crystal clear now. Thanks a bunch. How much difference between black and blue can we expect to see?

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek Run December 6th