Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rausch Creek Run December 6th

Old 11-13-2014, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08GreenRubi
Put me down as going Hopefully I will have my winch installed by then and maybe a new rear bumper/tire carrier! My wife will be out of town so it will probably be me and my daughter.
Will do! Did you buy that warn that guy was selling from the GWNF trip? What tire carrier are you going with? Looking forward to seeing y'all there!
Old 11-13-2014, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Jason and Mike - really excited to see you guys are coming! We should have an awesome time.

Jason - what’s your travel plan? Going to drive halfway and grab a hotel or something? VB is a bit of a haul.

I just ordered some CB parts so hopefully my setup is a better smoother all around. I’m super excited, Katie is too, although I don’t think she appreciate the videos of the red obstacles I showed her earlier today

Too bad it’ll be so cold, otherwise we could camp out and make a weekend of it.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JJohnson1892
Jason and Mike - really excited to see you guys are coming! We should have an awesome time.

Jason - what’s your travel plan? Going to drive halfway and grab a hotel or something? VB is a bit of a haul.

I just ordered some CB parts so hopefully my setup is a better smoother all around. I’m super excited, Katie is too, although I don’t think she appreciate the videos of the red obstacles I showed her earlier today

Too bad it’ll be so cold, otherwise we could camp out and make a weekend of it.
Yeah man, I'm thinking either drive the entire way Friday or half if I can't get the day off.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bird005
Yeah man, I'm thinking either drive the entire way Friday or half if I can't get the day off.
There's a number of hotels right by where we're meeting in Haymarket or Manassas if that's the route you want to take. Glad you're gonna make it though!
Old 11-14-2014, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

You can count me in, I'm actually off that weekend. The drive back was a you know what from the last time we were there but it was worth it.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Where does this trip rank on the mild to wild scale?
Old 11-14-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MMXJKU
Where does this trip rank on the mild to wild scale?
From what I’ve read and understand (and someone will correct me if I’m wrong), it can be anywhere on the scale due to variety of trails at Rausch. Our group will probably be sticking to green and blue trails, which will be on couple steps above mild. But, there are bypasses on obstacles if you don’t want to wheel hard, or you can always link up with others who are trying to get a bit crazier.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK505
Will do! Did you buy that warn that guy was selling from the GWNF trip? What tire carrier are you going with? Looking forward to seeing y'all there!
Nah, i never called that guy back as his stuff was pretty beat up. I am looking at the Smittybilt XRC w/tire carrier. Who knows what I will buy when the time comes
Old 11-14-2014, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JJohnson1892
From what I’ve read and understand (and someone will correct me if I’m wrong), it can be anywhere on the scale due to variety of trails at Rausch. Our group will probably be sticking to green and blue trails, which will be on couple steps above mild. But, there are bypasses on obstacles if you don’t want to wheel hard, or you can always link up with others who are trying to get a bit crazier.
Yes you are correct, we will be running greens which are able to be done in stock jeeps. When I ran there last time, the stock guys would scrape their skids and control arm/shock mounts but not damage them. They are bypasses for obstacles but the stock guys who did not bypass did fine.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08GreenRubi
Nah, i never called that guy back as his stuff was pretty beat up. I am looking at the Smittybilt XRC w/tire carrier. Who knows what I will buy when the time comes
Yeah his Toyota had seen better days. I'm excited to see it, it's gonna look good!

Quick Reply: Rausch Creek Run December 6th