Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

The sort-of-OFFICIAL Carolinas thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BLACK Jack&FO,

Those boneheads at Tarheel 4WD center on N Tryon near Sugar Creek always seem to know about places to go around here. Also check with Andy at Carolina Rock Shop on S Blvd and the guys at 4WD Parts on S Blvd seem to have something going on every weekend. There is also a group called Carolina Trailblazers I think. And BLACK Jack my daughter just started babysitting if you are ever in need.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default N. Carolina

In Wilkes County this is my first post, lets ride! Heading to the beach to see the sand next week!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey guys im newier to the sit but am interested to see if anybody is interested in getting together at Uwharrie Nation park one weekend. Im from durham, nc and have visited Uwharrie once before.

Anybody interested?

by the way, some of the uwharrie pics are on the link below. keep in mind that was the same week i bought the jeep with less than 1500 miles on the jeep. can't wait to go back, now that i have gears and new tires.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default Uwharrie

Whats up I just moved to Winston Salem NC and didn't even know I was close to Uwharrie National Forest. I have never been but would love to go anytime. My JK is still stock but if someone will give me a pull if I get stuck I am down. Let me know whats up.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone in the Wilmington, NC area? I am planning on camping out at Carolina Beach this weekend.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't been to Uwharrie in a long time, would love to take the fam. Lemme know when.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in raleigh, and want to head down to uwharie sometime as well... let me know when and I might just have to meet up with everyone.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Im free just about any weekend so just pick a date that everyone can get together and we should have a good trip going on. Who's from Winston Salem and where are all the trails up here. I been here for three weeks now and can't find any.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:35 PM
kcs
JK Newbie

CoolnMB, I am in Winston near Lewisville. Send me a PM and we can hook up some time. Also, I am all in for Uwharrie. Took my wife and 3yr old boy down there a few weeks ago and scared the living sh*t out of my wife on the Daniel trail. That didn't go over to well. She got out and told me to turn around and take them back. So, to keep the peace, I took them on some easier trails and made her happy. I think she hates that place. Years ago when I was racing the NC Hare Scramble motorcycle series, I would always go down there to practice. She always felt left out so I bought her a little Suzuki DR 80 and taught her to ride. Well, she wanted to go there with me one afternoon. Oh my god, what the hell was I thinking. After that afternoon, I don't think she spoke to me for days, which was kinda nice. Needless to say, the motorcycle was sold the next week. Unlike my little boy, she now has this fear of big rocks
Anyway, whenever a date is picked, let me know and I will try to make it.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:58 PM
kcs
JK Newbie

Default NC thread

Benmar2000, I actually went on a Monday so I wouldn't have to deal with the congestion down there. It was actually perfect, just a few of us down there.

As far as the trails are concerned, and I think those that go there will agree, you can find about what you want from pretty easy to rather demanding. Daniel is pretty demanding. Plus you need a spotter in my opinion. Pretty easy to bang your jeep up on that trail. I left with a little scarring underneath and on one wheel. The other guys can chime in but I would probably not suggest that trail unless you have some good trail experience, lockers and maybe a sway bar release. There are plenty of other trails to have a great time on without potentially tearing your jeep up.

Like I said earlier, just let me know when everybody wants to meet and I will try to be there.....Kent

Quick Reply: The sort-of-OFFICIAL Carolinas thread