Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Tints In NJ...

Old 07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tints In NJ...

I just got some tints on my ride..20% on the pasenger and driver windows and 5% on the rear 3 windows

anyone know what the laws are regarding tints in NJ? I know it might be too little to late, but just wondering

Also if anyone knows the legal length to have the tints on the windshield?

Alfy
Old 07-10-2010, 04:59 PM
JK Junkie

illegal...NO tint on the front windows. but I doubt you'll catch shit for it. And with the whole "doing away with inspection" nobody's gonna check it anyway now so you're all good!

on a separate note with tinted windows if you get pulled over roll them down BOTH of them even before the cop gets out, it makes for a sketchy situation for them walking up to a car they can't see into. I learned this the hard way when I was pulled over for speeding in my Tahoe and the officer drew his weapon and yelled at me to put the windows down while he was approaching the truck. I wasn't even thinking anything of it at the time.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fadeout
on a separate note with tinted windows if you get pulled over roll them down BOTH of them even before the cop gets out, it makes for a sketchy situation for them walking up to a car they can't see into. I learned this the hard way when I was pulled over for speeding in my Tahoe and the officer drew his weapon and yelled at me to put the windows down while he was approaching the truck. I wasn't even thinking anything of it at the time.
I will make sure to remember that....

Alfy
Old 07-11-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh...............I thought it read Tits in NJ.sorry
Old 07-11-2010, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
illegal...NO tint on the front windows. but I doubt you'll catch shit for it. And with the whole "doing away with inspection" nobody's gonna check it anyway now so you're all good!

Yeah, tints make cops nervous for some reason . Used to drive a slammed Corrado with limo tint all around and a limo black eye brow with 3 inch polished tip Autotech muffler. Got pulled over by 1 marked police car and 4 unmarked. Cops didn't even let me get to the off-ramp of the highway as there was no shoulder to pull off to, just stopped me right there in the flow of traffic. Guns drawn, my hands out the window, wife (then girlfriend) was hysterical with her hands in the air, yada, yada, yada. But when they saw I was just some Navy boy in a nice ride they let me go. I was like "Holy Shit" where did all these cops come from?"

Last edited by Bug Stomper; 07-11-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just like they said put the windows down if pulled over. i run 5% on all windows and 10" down the windshiled. Never been stopped yet in any of my trucks since i was 17. but then again i have a few cards to throw and if that dont work i got a fwe phone numbers too
Old 07-12-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep definitely illegal on the front windows in jersey. Ive had tinit on every vehicle Ive owned since im 17 and the thing Ive noticed is the vehicle you're driving DEFINITELY matters! 2 cars ago I had an all blacked out ram 1500 and never got pulled over. Drove an all blacked out mazda3 before my JK and got pulled over at least 4-5 times in the 2 years I owned it. Will be tinting the driver/passenger with 20% soon but I dont anticipate the type of attention the mazda3 drew. Then again i may be posting up here after i get a ticket
Old 07-12-2010, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by berjepalon
Yeah, tints make cops nervous for some reason
It makes them nervous because they cant see who or what is in there drawing a bead on them thats why.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by buellconvert
It makes them nervous because they cant see who or what is in there drawing a bead on them thats why.
i can see that. Can be unnerving your standing next to a blacked out window and some dude hidden on the inside has a 12 gauge aimed right at your crotch a foot away......

Quick Reply: Tints In NJ...