Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Uwharrie - April 18

Old 04-21-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would like to go the weekend of the ninth any takers
Old 04-21-2009, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MB-08-JK(R)
I really like the new service writers at Tim Marburger CJD. The guys name that helped me is Roger Hatley. When I picked up my Jeep he looked at me over the top of his glasses and smirked and said, "If you keep it out of the mud you won't have that problem again". So I asked him, "You aren't saying that I shouldn't take my trail rated Rubicon off road are you", which got me a chuckle. I asked him if he knew of a way to protect the fan because I couldn't guarantee I could avoid all of the mud at Uwharrie. He said, "Nope, I reckon you'll just have to stay away from that place". I talked to him about the time he fixed my Cherokee as a service tech at Sparks CJD and the service writer next to him, named Mike, asked me if I worked at UPS in Kannapolis. I said no and he said, "Well, you must not have your Cherokee anymore". Mike said that he not only remembered me and my Cherokee but that he remembered the exact day that I was talking to Roger about. Apparently he was a service tech at Sparks CJD too! When I sounded astonished he described the Cherokee exactly down to the fact that I had told them that I had color matched the bumpers myself.

That's awesome that they're fixing it. I still have to take mine in for the front locker no longer working.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:39 PM
J^2
JK Newbie

Glad to hear the fan was fixed. Must be nice to get good service - I can't even get a the sport bar bolt to hold in my freedom top and it was missing from day 1!
Old 04-21-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MB-08-JK(R)
I really like the new service writers at Tim Marburger CJD. The guys name that helped me is Roger Hatley. When I picked up my Jeep he looked at me over the top of his glasses and smirked and said, "If you keep it out of the mud you won't have that problem again". So I asked him, "You aren't saying that I shouldn't take my trail rated Rubicon off road are you", which got me a chuckle. I asked him if he knew of a way to protect the fan because I couldn't guarantee I could avoid all of the mud at Uwharrie. He said, "Nope, I reckon you'll just have to stay away from that place". I talked to him about the time he fixed my Cherokee as a service tech at Sparks CJD and the service writer next to him, named Mike, asked me if I worked at UPS in Kannapolis. I said no and he said, "Well, you must not have your Cherokee anymore". Mike said that he not only remembered me and my Cherokee but that he remembered the exact day that I was talking to Roger about. Apparently he was a service tech at Sparks CJD too! When I sounded astonished he described the Cherokee exactly down to the fact that I had told them that I had color matched the bumpers myself.

Roger is the man, only one I ever let work on my junk.

Jim
Old 04-21-2009, 04:52 PM
J^2
JK Newbie

Incoming Land Rovers!!!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:02 PM
J^2
JK Newbie

Awesome pics and thanks for leading us!
By the way - that "clunk" you refer to regarding me in an earlier pic - yep, found the mark that goes with that pic today

Last edited by J^2; 04-21-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:04 PM
J^2
JK Newbie

For those who forgot what the parking lot was like...

Random pics along the trail

Thanks everyone for such a great time.
I think I heard a June 13th date tossed around - which is ample time to install some mods
Old 04-21-2009, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
I love that this is you taking it pretty easy
Yeah, EASY DOES IT!! FINGERS CROSSED & saying the mud prayer chant here.....Oh ye little radiator fan that cools my engine....

Oh, & Matt. Glad you got your Jeep back, and fixed with no problems!!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

cool pics thanks for sharing
Old 04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Some pics

Here are a few pics from this past weekend.

Quick Reply: Uwharrie - April 18