Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

(VA)Anyone interested in helping install goodies

Old 06-17-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks for all the interest and offers.

It looks like there is substantial driving time for any of the solutions posted so I am just going to scheduled the shop to install. It just will take a little longer for me to get bumpers and winch..

Thanks again.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whizit
Thanks for all the interest and offers.

It looks like there is substantial driving time for any of the solutions posted so I am just going to scheduled the shop to install. It just will take a little longer for me to get bumpers and winch..

Thanks again.
Good luck. I thought it was kind of on target though for lift + tire carrier, maybe I'm just nuts...who knows. I got quoted $750 for lift and wheels.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

Default update

After going through local channels here, one of the guys I wheeled with before owns a shop. I am now getting the installs completed for $300. He had 3 TJs in his bays when I got there.

The Jeep sleeping over there for a few days and I will get it back early next week.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

After going through local channels here, one of the guys I wheeled with before owns a shop. I am now getting the installs completed for $300. He had 3 TJs in his bays when I got there.

The Jeep sleeping over there for a few days and I will get it back early next week.
Thats good to hear, plus knowing the guy somewhat helps relieve doubts bout getting quality work done...good luck...pics are required when completed....
Old 06-18-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

I wish I could help out, but that weekend is bad for me (and probably many others).
I've got work at the fire dept that weekend, but its also Father's Day weekend.

I know there's a few of us in the NoVa area... and I've seen a few in the Manassas - Dumfries - Bristow area. If you're willing to travel a little bit, I'm sure a couple of us would be willing to do something... but looking at your location, it is a bit of travel.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Just read that post (wrote my previous post yesterday, but hit submit just few min ago)

Glad to see you got some deal worked out.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Glad its working out for you. Definitely post pics when you get it back!
Old 06-20-2009, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like you are getting a good deal on the install of the lift and tire carrier @ $300. I'm working the next 3 weekends in a row @ UVA. Not too far north of you. Post some pics when it's done. Maybe we can get a trail ride up to Shoe Creek or Flagpole sometime
Old 06-20-2009, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I would have offered to help just saw it glad you found a cheaper solution to having someone do it sounds like the guys trying to charge you $800 are doing a little too much crack. I ended up paying to have mine done too because i was too impatient and didnt have the time with work and only payed 200 to have mine done for a 3" Teraflex and front track arm. 300 sounds a lot better than 800.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default Installed

Check out the "Goodies Installed" thread in Show and Tell for pics.

Thanks again guys.

Bluerubicon08-Do you work for UVA or just working on site? I work for UVAHS but here locally. I only go on campus a few times per month.

Quick Reply: (VA)Anyone interested in helping install goodies