Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Wheeling 18-19 Feb, who wants to go?

Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vulcan classic
Sounds good! I will definitely try to make it if the weather is decent; I'll bring a tent for camping, with or without the wife, plus my dog if that's ok.
Wife, kids and dogs are all welcomed. I like to keep it family oriented as much as possible...
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it ok if we try to make it up there with a stock jeep.? It will be my first time of the road so I might need a little help..
Old 01-30-2012, 02:38 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Is it ok if we try to make it up there with a stock jeep.? It will be my first time of the road so I might need a little help..
Roger that... There are plenty of bypasses and the group that usually goes up there are great people. We always lend a hand, winching, spotting and trail fixes if needed. You will be surprised on how well a stock jeep handles the trails... Nobody I run with will try to peer pressure you into anything. It's actually a pretty mild trail, but offers some decent obstacles for knuckle heads like myself to push our rigs. The trail/mountainous are is very beautiful, so please bring a camera....
Old 01-30-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog

Roger that... There are plenty of bypasses and the group that usually goes up there are great people. We always lend a hand, winching, spotting and trail fixes if needed. You will be surprised on how well a stock jeep handles the trails... Nobody I run with will try to peer pressure you into anything. It's actually a pretty mild trail, but offers some decent obstacles for knuckle heads like myself to push our rigs. The trail/mountainous are is very beautiful, so please bring a camera....
If we go up I'll make sure I do thanks man, also. Someone mentioned firewood? If I do end up going (trying to talk dad into going) we can definitely bring up some wood. Thanks again man.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Junkie

Cool, we usually pick some up at food lion, but more is always welcomed... Always seems like we run out and start chopping up dead trees... Haha
Old 01-31-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Are you guys planning on hitting other nearby trails in GWNF such as Big Levels, Bald MT., Crabtree Falls, etc? Anyone have GPX files for these trails? I'd like to preload into my iphone before the trip
Old 01-31-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Sounds good, are there any hotels near by. What time will this be starting
Old 01-31-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by vulcan classic
Are you guys planning on hitting other nearby trails in GWNF such as Big Levels, Bald MT., Crabtree Falls, etc? Anyone have GPX files for these trails? I'd like to preload into my iphone before the trip
Big levels is about 1 to 1 1/2 hours from shoe creek and Crabtree falls is just a hiking trail. I've never heard of bald MT...
Old 01-31-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by keith7023
Sounds good, are there any hotels near by. What time will this be starting
Not sure about hotels, the Army side of me always wins and I wind up camping.. My goal is to meetup with everyone at the food lion around 0900-0930. From there head to the trail, unpack and setup tents real quick and start wheelin.. We usually get to wheeling about 1100 hrs or so...
Old 01-31-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Junkie

I'll meetup with anyone in the Hampton roads area at (seems to be the spot now) the waffle house on Jefferson in Newport news... I'll post the address for food lion and waffle house in the near future...

Quick Reply: Wheeling 18-19 Feb, who wants to go?