Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Where are all the Virginia JKers?

Old 09-18-2015, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all the Virginia JKers?

Moving from Arizona to Virginia and am wondering where all the JKers are...
Old 09-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Whereabouts in VA? There's not much wheeling in the southeast but western has some places. If you're in NOVA then nova jeepers have their own forum and they meet pretty regularly.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Looks like we'll be settling down in Fredericksburg... I've seen a couple of maps online that showed some offroad locations, both free to the public and pay to play venues... If anyone knows any clubs in the Fredericksburg area I'd love to ckeck them out.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Hey, there is actually some decent offroading in the area. The George Washington National Forest (GWNF) and Jefferson National Forest (JNF) have some ok trails, nothing too extreme but some fun off-highway trails.

The best thing about your location is probably going to be general vicinity to parks. Beyond VA parks, you'll be 3ish hours to Rausch Creek (PA), 7ish from Windrock (TN), and 7ish to Harlan (KY). All of these parks are worth doing weekend trips at.

I'm currently up in PA but lived in Blacksburg and Harrisonburg for some time. Really miss them and VA in general, enjoy the area and good luck with the move! Feel free to PM me if you want to join a FB group we created for VA JKs.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

That's awesome to hear because Raush Creek is on my to do list...

I'd definitely be down to join a VA facebook page... I'll PM you.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I JUST moved to DC from Phoenix. Haven't even gotten in a house yet. Will follow the thread and hopefully learn a few things in the process.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Your best bet for DC is going to be nova jeepers or southern Maryland jeeps. They're both much tighter groups that will help you get things done though they may not be as broad of a knowledgebase on the newer jeeps as some of the jk specific forums....jk forum, jkfreaks, jkowners, etc. Each has its own flavor.

Quick Reply: Where are all the Virginia JKers?