Notices
Eastern Canada If you live in the New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland or Labrador area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Newfoundland Jeeps

Old 07-15-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a response from the lovely folks at the department of motor vehicles (or whatever they call themselves these days):

We were closed due to a Provincial Government holiday. (I wrote to them on orangemen's day and apparently I was supposed to know this even though it's not a holiday for anyone who doesn't work for the government...lame ass religious based holiday).

Information on Licensing and Equipment Regulations can be found on our web site at:

http://www.assembly.nl.ca/legislatio...c961007.htm#2_

The doors on the vehicle can be removed for operation.

I am going to print the email to keep in the Jeep so that I can show it to any law enforcement should they pull me over.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

where does it say you don't have to have doors. i just see the part where it has to have a latch
Old 07-25-2011, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be honest - I didn't read it. I called the town cops on that pseudo holiday and they had no idea and then I received that message from the dmv - quite frankly I don't think anyone in government knows which way is up.... I simply feel that I now have enough documentation to fight any ticket I may receive.

If the document has nothing about doors then we should not need doors.

The argument has always been about mirrors - not doors. I only asked about doors because by removing the doors we lose two mirrors. The legislation says:

Every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a mirror securely attached to it and placed in a position that will afford the driver a clear view of the roadway to the rear and of a vehicle approaching from the rear.
(5) Where the view afforded by the mirror required under subsection (4) is obstructed or interfered with, a side rear view mirror shall be attached to each side of the motor vehicle and shall be placed so as to afford the driver a clear view of the roadway to the rear and to each side of the motor vehicle.

Based on this, as long as you can see in your rearview mirror you do not need the side mirrors. If you are towing then you need more.
Old 11-26-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default finally remembered..

Hi All,

Been meaning to post here for a while. There is a large Jeep group active in the Corner Brook area.

You can check us out at www.thejeeptrail.com Some pics of our runs can been seen on the "reader's rigs" tab.

Happy Trails!

Brent
Old 05-11-2012, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default no problem with RNC

Originally Posted by Elegabalus
oh, also, does anyone know the provincial standpoint on driving naked (top down/doors off)? I called the town police and they had no idea. I couldn't find anything in the legislation that said you had to add "offroad mirrors".

I rode doorless once but didn't run into any cops.

I'm more interested for short trips around town than taking my Jeep on the highway with only the rearview mirror.
i've had a JK since 08 and ride top down/ off and doors off any chance i get,never had a problem with the Police.Lots of stares though,lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dtn8rJK
just wondering how many people there are around St. John's!
Townie herehad a JK since 08.Driving a 2010 Sahara now.I'll wave the next time i see ya.lol.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

St. John's here. Anyone know of any good off road trails here in town? I've been going out home around the bay, but don't really want to be going over the highway every time.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:36 PM
JK Newbie

I'm from St. John's as well. There are lots of trails in the Goulds, off of Heavy Tree Rd.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Looks like I'm solo here as no one has replied since last year. Drop me a line if anyone is still using this from the rock.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

rockin the rock here.

can any of the west coast people here tell me if the road around deer lake is open from nicholsville to the resort?

Quick Reply: Newfoundland Jeeps