Notices
Eastern Canada If you live in the New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland or Labrador area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Offroad course and trails for newbies and novice JKers

Old 06-30-2010, 02:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offroad course and trails for newbies and novice JKers

Hi there,
I don't know if this has got any coverage outside of the central Canada section so I thought I would post up about this years
JKJam

The JKJam weekend is Aug 6th to 8th. This is the third year we have run it and it is growing each year.

It is basically a family friendly Jeep Jamboree, but (so far) just for JKs.
The idea is to introduce new JK owners to safely and responsibly offroading.
There is an offroad seminar which instructs you how to correctly handle most offroad conditions and demonstrated the capabilities of your Jeep on a specially made course on the event grounds.

This event is a non profit event to raise money for the Canadian Cancer society. Each JK registers for $50 which includes a $30 donation to the Cancer society in the driver's name. From the remaining funds, some of the expenses are paid and the remainder is also donated. We are also hoping that additional donations will be made at the door by drivers or their passengers.

Last year we raised $1690 and had 36JKs and 86 People attend.

There is free rough camping onsite (No electricity) but a firepit for evening bonfires, and 2 BBQs to use if you choose to cook onsite.

Local accommodations are very limited due to a large soccer tournament on the same weekend, however we were able to reserve some rooms at a motel for those choosing not to camp.

There is no catering at the event but town is only 10 minutes away with multiple restaurants and grocery stores, etc.

For more info visit the JKJam website (web address located in my sig)

I will try to monitor this forum, but my PM inbox is always near full so please direct questions to

jkjam2010 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you and hope to see you in Aug to meet new friends, have a great weekend, and help support a good cause.

Cheers

Rob 'Tunes' O

Last edited by tunes; 06-30-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Offroad course and trails for newbies and novice JKers