Notices
Eastern Canada If you live in the New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland or Labrador area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Wheelin in nfld?

Old 02-07-2011, 04:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Wheelin in nfld?

Me an the wife an the baby may be headin to the rock this summer to visit some family, and I was wondering if there were some sights to see while wheelin? I don't want to do anything that would break stuff, as I'll be towing my camper there and home. Just looking for some easy can't-get-to-it-without-4x4 spots.

Anyone know of any?
Old 02-11-2011, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually - wish I knew of some spots like this... perhaps on the offroad newfoundland website but I have not been on there in months. I'm in central (Gander) and I have done very little offroading... a rock pit or two, etc.

Just out past Gambo on the TCH there is a little area that looks like a 4X4 playground.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there are a few popular trails/pits within 20min drive of st. john's
Old 06-05-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Central nl is awesome for wheelin. I'm in grand falls and there are tons of roads to explore.

Driving around red Indian lake is a great trip both ways as there is a road on both sides. I'm not sure about the trailer tho. There are a few washouts that a trailer would hang up on for sure.

Quick Reply: Wheelin in nfld?