Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JK Rubicon downhill torque brake question.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Rubicon downhill torque brake question.

Hi everyone,

New on this forum and I really love it! I have no JK yet but I have a question for the Rubicon possessors outthere, particularly the diesel ones...

How is the downhill torque brake with the auto trans? amazing good or reasonnable? or should I go for a manual trans?

I've been driving old landcruisers (ooold diesel 40 series) for years and have been very happy with the torque they provided in heavy 4x4 situations but newer landcruisers don't offer all the goodies the rubicon offers, so...

thanks for your help
Old 02-05-2010, 01:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure about the auto diesel but i can say that the manual one is very good at engine braking.....maybe you should try the aussie jeep forum, they have a few more diesel jk members
Old 02-15-2010, 11:13 PM
JK Newbie

"... a question for the Rubicon possessors outthere, particularly the diesel ones...

How is the downhill torque brake with the auto trans? amazing good or reasonnable? or should I go for a manual trans?"

hello, no Rubicon CRD available here in 'Oz, however the auto CRD JK Unlimited engine braking is very good, must have O/D off. The merc' auto matched with the VM diesel is outstanding. Take a test drive of both manual & auto and check engine braking with O/D off. You should be pleased.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

thanks for responding, not easy to find one for a test drive, Jeep dealers only have non-rubicon versions for test :-(. They have one of their clients who have one and they will call him to see if he would be willing to show me...we'll see

Quick Reply: JK Rubicon downhill torque brake question.