Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

PCS move from the USA to the UK, help needed!

Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2007 US diesel emissions test is so stringent that none of the Common Rail Injection Euro4 diesel engines in production could comply. A Euro5 engine that exceeds Euro5 stands a chance of complying with US07. To prevent Euro5 engines from being used long term they have raised the bar again for 2010 with new US10 regulations.

California's government does not want diesel passenger cars so they keep raising the limits to stop the European compliant engines from being introduced.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As said no way to import a total jeep. I have seen one on ebay converted. I dont know what the cost of that would be. All i know is if you have OB2 testing you could get away with it if your computer vin matches jeep vin. Then as far as i know the dash cluster will have to be KMH not MPH. Sorry to burst your bubble. The way AEV gets away with it is they have dealer tags. Which means they do not have to have it inspected. Also the J8 falls into a KIT car. They are held to different levels. I would not try it unless you just want to throw them your wallet and say give it back to me when your done.

Quick Reply: PCS move from the USA to the UK, help needed!