Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

Admin... Clarify Posting

Old 12-28-2008, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Admin... Clarify Posting

I'm posting this here because a thread of mine was moved and I don't see a forum for "Suggestions or Tech Difficulties".

-----------------------------------------------

I posted a thread in this forum titled "Sedona" showing a couple of trail pics and it was moved to the Trails & Tales forum. Why?

You need to explain the posting policies a little better for the two forums listed below because the way I read them, they are both pretty similar.

The guidelines for JK Show & Tell are:

Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here!

The guidelines for Trails & Tales are:

"Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post".

Old 12-28-2008, 04:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

It was my opinion that felt your thread of trail pics better belonged into the "Trails and Tails" forum. The "Show & Tell" forum is more geared towards look 'look at my new wheels' or 'check out my lift'. I also felt that this question belonged in the "Help & General Comments" forum rather than the "Show & Tell" forum.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
It was my opinion that felt your thread of trail pics better belonged into the "Trails and Tails" forum. The "Show & Tell" forum is more geared towards look 'look at my new wheels' or 'check out my lift'. I also felt that this question belonged in the "Help & General Comments" forum rather than the "Show & Tell" forum.
Sorry about that... looked right past this Help forum.

Okay, but the "Show and Tell" forum specifically states... "or hardcore action shots on the trail". You might want to rewrite the guidelines for that forum then, no?

Old 12-28-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hardcore action shots would be, say, showing off your new lift in action. You have a point though....since your pictures are basically poser shots on the trail. Kinda finds a gray area - we'll talk about it and make adjustments if we need to.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMac4
hardcore action shots would be, say, showing off your new lift in action. You have a point though....since your pictures are basically poser shots on the trail. Kinda finds a gray area - we'll talk about it and make adjustments if we need to.
LOL... no, not poser shots... they were taken as it was happening on the trail. Posed shots would be just that. posed specifically for a photo op. Anyway, yeah, let us know if/when you reword the requirements for each of those two forums to make them clearer as to what goes where. Hate to see you mods keep moving stuff....
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
LOL... no, not poser shots... they were taken as it was happening on the trail. Posed shots would be just that. posed specifically for a photo op. Anyway, yeah, let us know if/when you reword the requirements for each of those two forums to make them clearer as to what goes where. Hate to see you mods keep moving stuff....
If that's the case, they were moved appropriately.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackMac4
If that's the case, they were moved appropriately.
Sorry to be a PIA and really it's no big deal, other than you have two conflicting forums. I just wanted a straight answer and not someone trying to justify their actions when in fact they are just making an excuse for what they did. Two Mods have been in on this... have either of you guys read the guidelines for posting in the Show & Tell forum???

Once again, read what the guidelines say if you will, and then tell me how my post needed to be moved instead of side stepping the issue and making me out the one who looks like a fool (even tho I am for even continuing this conversation)....

JK Show & Tell (33 Viewing)

Whether they're just "poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail" , if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here!

It's your forum, do whatever you want. God help me if I ever really made the mistake of doing or saying something wrong. If this little fiasco is any indication... I'd wouldn't have a chance of making my point.

Thanks

Last edited by AZ Outlaws; 12-29-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

Just let it drop, AZ Outlaws. They felt they had a good reason to move the thread, so they did. They've agreed to read the descriptions and decide if they need to be changed, so you've made your point.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Eternal ***erator

I am closing this before it gets stupid. You made a good point and we will discuss it, no need to belabor the point.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now you have 3 mods (I mean 4 now) in on it. Here is my advice on the subject. "Get a freakin' life"

Quick Reply: Admin... Clarify Posting